MLIS 2ND YEAR
• Sony India Pvt. Ltd. Is one of the business units of
Sony Corporation in India.
• The Registered Office of Sony India Pvt. Ltd is in New
• There are also 23 branch offices available in 23 city
• In India Sony outsource the manpower from super
Vision and Mission
• To create exciting new digital entertainment
experiences for consumers by bringing together
cutting-edge products with latest generation
content and services.
• Sony India focused towards making a difference in
the lifestyles in the Indian Market and open up new
vistas of entertainment.
• To remains committed towards offering new age
technology and digital concepts while working
hand with the Indian industry .
• Their consistent commitment towards service has
brought the company quite closer to the Indian
• Sony Corporation, commonly referred to as Sony, is
a Japanese multinational conglomerate
Corporation headquartered in konan Minato,
Tokyo, Japan. It ranked 87th on the 2013 list of
fortune Global 500.
• Sony Corporation is the electronics business unit and
the parent company of the Sony Group.
• The Sony is a Japan-based Corporate group
primarily focused on the Electronics, Game,
entertainment, and financial services(such as
insurance and banking sectors)
Brand logo history
• The word Sony is taken from Latin word
• Sony logo is a combination of a wide Latin, Times
New Roman or Century font that is white in color.
• current tag line make . believe and a background
which is Black which gives it a very stretched and
easy to identify look.
• Sony logo stands out because of its name which is
unique and also it cannot be copied by anyone
• Consumer electronics, semiconductors, video
games, Media/Entertainment, computer hardware,
Telecom equipment, Accessories, Financial service
insurance, Banking, credit finance and advertising
• The price of the Sony product is more than
compare to other company’s product.
• It gives more benefit with compare the price it
• The price of Sony products is less flexible with
compare to other brand.
• In all over the India there more than 25,000
distributors selling the Sony Product.
• Sony promote their product by giving festive offer
on their product, Advertising , free gifts, discount,
lucky draw coupon.
Example : This Diwali the company was giving a pen
drive + Lucky draw coupon price discount.
Sony India’s Grand Saawariya Star Nite
Strong Corporate brand identity
i. Ranked 29th in top 100
ii. Sony brand value will be increase yearly
Sony’s Research and Development abilities
Maintain Multiple Function
Lack of promotion
Low as sales
Too expensive and far away from consumers
High shipping and long deliver process
This all effects Sony’s operating performance
Focus on emerging market’s economies
Sony has gained success in India Market
Sony’s growth depends on performance in
Potential to become best Gallery
Sales can be increased
In India plans to introduced new region language
Sony transferring technology for its games from its
London studio to India
Unfavorable foreign exchange rate
Sony’s international market sales value 75.8%
Japan’s currency appreciated against US dollar and Euro
Sony’s products more expensive; sales to drop
Worsening economic situation
Sony’s main markets are US, Japan, and Europe; all suffered
Laws and regulations
Protect environment, human health, and safety
• Deepika Padukone is the brand ambassador for
• Kareena Kapoor is the brand ambassador for Sony
• To know the consumer behavior about the product.
• To know the kind of feature and service providing to
get loyal customer.
• To know the competitor strategy against the Sony
and that effects Sony sales or not.
• To kind of promotion that using to distributors and
what is their behavior about Sony brand in between
so many brands.
• It is the ability of a brand to be able to distinguish
itself from its competitors.
• A brand should be as unique as possible.
• Brand health is built and maintained by offering a
set of differentiating promises to customers and
delivering those promises to average value.
• Knowledge is the extent of the consumer’s
awareness of the brand and understanding its
• There is two most competitor in panel Samsung and
• In case of Camera Nikon and Canon is strong
• For capturing the panel market LG giving the IPS
panel at a low price and Samsung giving the full ID
on maximum model at low price.
• But in case of home theater or music system there is
no any competitor of Sony brand.
• It covers the 95% market of India.
• I conclude that Sony India Pvt. Ltd. Is the one of the
leading company in Indian market but because of
Samsung entering in every electronic sector Sony
sales reduced in case of LED and LCD and also in
• Next the customers are rightfully aware of the
products and services of the brand before they are
willing to buy the products.
• Internet has been a good way of displaying the
models and customers get an opportunity to select
the models from there within and than they opted
to buy it from the retailers.
Sony xperia Z ultra
• Sony has launched a new waterproof android
• The xperia Z ultra be used underwater upto a depth of
• Even allowing people to take picture and film
vedios in full HD below The surfce The company said
launching it today sony claimed the handset, which
has a 6.4-inch screen , has the biggest display and
thinnest large-screen smartphone on the market