There are many business opportunities that
we can start in 2013. There are business ideas that we can operate through the Internet, small
businesses we can do without leaving our home, livelihood that we can start as a hobby or full-
time business, and business startups we could run for a cause. If you are planning to start a
business in 2013, here’s a list of 100 business ideas you may consider.
Online business ideas
1. Blogging – Blog your passion and expertise until you earn a wide audience or loyal readers
online. Make money online from advertising on your blog and other blog monetization schemes.
2. Website flipping – Buy undeveloped websites or develop your own websites, then sell them
3. Web host reselling – Buy web hosting and resell them into different packages for profit.
4. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) services – Help companies and businesses rank their
web pages higher on the search engines, like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
5. Social media marketing services – Help promote companies and their brands on social
media, like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
6. Social media management services – Help businesses maintain their social media presence
(ex. Facebook pages, Twitter profiles, Google+ pages, and YouTube channels) alive and
7. ORM (Online Reputation Management) services – Help companies manage what people
are saying about their brand and products online.
8. Website design and development – Create and design corporate websites to help them build
their Internet presence.
9. Content writing – Create quality content and articles for businesses on their websites.
10. Web application development – Develop Facebook apps and other web applications for
business and marketing purposes.
11. Online trading/auction – Sell merchandise and other items on Amazon, eBay, and other
12. eBook writing – If you are already a reputable writer or blogger, you can write an eBook and
promote it on your blog.
13. Online webinars – Train people and share your expertise through online webinars. You may
also create a membership site and charge people for premium membership fee.
14. Create online directories and other money making websites. Develop online yellow pages
and charge companies for their business listings. You many also create online classified ads,
forums, and other community sites.
Food and drink business ideas
15. Catering business – Cater various events, such as birthday parties, wedding reception, and
16. Meat shop – Sell fresh meats to a constant market.
17. Canteen concessionaire – Operate a canteen inside a school, company office, or an
18. Restaurant business – Start a restaurant if you have the passion for food.
19. Food cart business – There are already many food cart businesses that became successful,
and some of them become a franchise. You can choose the food cart business that you think you
can manage and bring to success.
20. Coffee shop – Provide people a place to relax, drink a tasty coffee, and connect to Wi-Fi.
21. Water refilling station – Ensure clean and purified water for every household.
Money and finance business ideas
22. Money changer business – Serve people who want to change their money into local or
23. Pawnshop business – Provide additional source of credit for small borrowers who can’t get
loans from banks and other big financial institutions.
24. Money remittance business – Be a money remittance agent and help people transfer their
money to their recipient.
25. Micro-lending company – Lend money to small borrowers who want to start their
livelihood or small business.
26. Financing company – If you have the amount of money for capitalization as a financing
company, you may start a financing company as a corporation.
27. Stock investing – Invest your money in the stock market.
Health and wellness business ideas
28. Starting a drugstore – You can start a drugstore and also sell common grocery items.
29. Spa business – Serve people who want to pamper themselves after their stressful hours and
days of working on their job.
30. Aerobics center – Let’s get physical.
31. Fitness gym – If you love bodybuilding, this is a good business for you.
32. Boxing gym – Boxing is not only a tough sport, but it is also a great workout for our body.
33. Martial arts training – It can be Japanese Karate and Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Korean
Taekwondo, Thailand’s Muay Thai, or Mixed Martial Arts.
34. Nutritionist – Be a nutritional guide for people who want to maintain a fit and healthy
35. Personal training – Help people achieve the body they desire by training them personally.
Events business ideas
36. Balloon and party needs – Make their party happy, colorful, and memorable.
37. Wedding planner and event organizer – Facilitate any event, like wedding, corporate
party, and even concerts.
38. Photography – Take the best photos for your clients’ memorabilia.
39. Videography – Help people keep their best moments and events through videos.
Real estate business ideas
40. Real estate dealing – Enter into the real estate “buy and sell” business.
41. Real estate leasing – Earn rental income from your tenants. You may develop an apartment
or commercial building for rent.
42. Real estate agency/brokerage – Be a real estate agent or broker.
43. Real estate property appraisal – Appraise the market value of real estate properties owned
by your clients.
44. Property finding service – Help people find the property (e.g., house and apartment) they
are looking for.
Arts and crafts business ideas
45. Greeting cards, gift wrapping and ribbon making – People are always giving gifts and
greetings on Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Birthday, and in any occasion.
46. Candle making – Make scented candles that will bring light and aroma to your customers.
47. Cosplay costume rental – Cosplay events are everywhere.
48. Corporate giveaways and souvenir items – There are many giveaways that you can create,
such as mugs, plates, and other unique souvenir items.
49. Jewelry making – Utilize your skills in jewelry making and crafting.
50. Woodcarving – Do you have the talent in woodcarving? You can manufacture products for
Educational and instructional business ideas
51. Starting a pre-school – Help parents prepare and equip their children with adequate
knowledge to excel in school.
52. Driving school – Teach people how to drive their car and how to follow traffic regulations.
53. Employee training – Help organizations increase their productivity by training and
motivating their employees.
54. Dance instructor – Teach people new dance steps or even their first dance steps.
55. Music instructor – Enhance people’s music talents.
Business service ideas
56. Bookkeeping and accounting services – Help businesses record their economic transactions
and prepare their financial statements.
57. Financial auditing services – If you’re an accredited CPA (Certified Public Accountant),
you may practice as an external auditor who examines their financial statements and expresses an
opinion on the fairness of their financial statement reporting. If you’re a CIA (Certified Internal
Auditor), you may also provide internal auditing services.
58. Human resource services – Be the virtual HR officer of your clients.
59. Tax consultancy – Help businesses prepare and compute their correct taxes. Help them also
in tax planning.
60. Call center and customer service – Take charge of the customer support service of your
61. Small business coaching – Help and guide entrepreneurs to grow their business and personal
62. Business consultancy – Help business owners avoid business mistakes.
63. Marketing consultancy – Help businesses make their products, price, place, and promotion
64. Executive recruiting – Help companies find the executive officers that are suitable for their
65. Legal services – There are many legal services that businesses need, such as legal
consultancy, notary, and litigation services.
Travel and tourism business ideas
66. Airport shuttle and transportation services – Help tourist reach their destinations without
67. Tour guide – Be a tour guide in the community or in their specific adventure destination.
68. Travel agency – Create travel deals and packages for people who want to travel and enjoy a
69. Ticketing office – Be a ticketing agent of different airlines, shipping lines, and other travel
70. Adventure club – Start an adventure club that includes mountaineering, scuba diving,
surfing or caving.
71. Accommodation services – Provide bed and breakfast services for tourists, travelers and
72. Adventure equipment sale and rental – Sell or lease out adventure equipment and items,
like camping tent, bag packs, hiking shoes, caving gears, diving equipment, et cetera.
73. Travel and adventure souvenir items. Tourists and adventurers will always get something
to remember. You may sell souvenir t-shirts, caps, necklace, and other souvenir items.
Agriculture and fishery business ideas
74. Gardening and landscaping – Turn your clients’ backyard into a breathtaking panorama.
75. Flower shop business – Go into flower shop and flower arrangement business.
76. Organic farming – The demand for organic food is increasing.
77. Rice farming – Produce more rice for the local and international market.
78. Poultry business – If you have the location, livestock and money, then venturing into a
poultry business may be good for you.
79. Fishing business – With the right location, skills, money, equipment, and manpower, fishing
business can give you favorable profit and experience.
Manpower and household business ideas
80. Security services – Ensure the safety of your clients’ premises.
81. Janitorial services – Start a janitorial service business
82. House cleaning and lawn care service – Make every home and backyard neat and clean.
83. Laundry shop business – Clean and dry the laundry of your customers.
Media and publishing business ideas
84. Digital printing service – Digital printing, including 3D printing can be a good business this
85. Press release services – Promote new businesses and products to their targeted market.
86. Self-publishing – Publish your own book.
87. Freelance writing – Be a writer and contributor to various publications online and offline.
88. Graphic design – Make your talent and skills in graphic designing as your business.
89. Proofreading and editing – Ensure that the content and publication of your clients are free
from spelling and grammar errors.
90. Transcription services – You can provide medical, legal, or other transcription services, and
you can also do this as home-based business.
Green business ideas
91. Recycling business – Turn your creativity and love for the planet as your business.
92. Junkyard sculptures – Use your talent and imagination in turning junks into beautiful
works of art.
93. Junkshop and scrap business – Collect people’s junk and sell them for profit.
94. Electric charging station – If your community is already using electric cars and
motorcycles, then electric charging stations are already a necessary business.
95. Bike sharing business – Reduce carbon emission and fuel consumption by starting a bike
sharing or renting business.
96. Composting business – Turn that organic garbage into fertilizers.
97. Energy audit – Help companies and household determine ways on how they could save
more energy consumption.
Computer and electronics business ideas
98. Computer repair and maintenance – With many computer and laptop owners, this
business will continue flourishing. Aside from repair, you can also provide computer cleaning
99. Appliance repair and maintenance – Fix your customers appliances and other electronic
100. Internet café business – You can start an Internet café business with many other add-on
services like, printing, online researching, and other computer services.
There are many other business opportunities that we can start depending on our passion, talents,
skills, attitude, interest and financial resources. That is why if you want to know the best
business idea that you can transform into a big reality and bring to success… you have to look
more into yourself – what you are now and what you can be in the future.
Finally, remember that a business idea is not as easy as we think. Starting a business may require
specific skills, years of experience, and professional certification. Registering and operating a
business may also require government permits and licenses. Thus, it is vital that you will come
up with a good business plan for your chosen business idea.