1. AVOID 2. BODY LANGUAGE 3. VERBAL 4. YELL! 5. TELL AN ADULT
1. Walk to school earlier or later
2. Don’t be alone at all times
3. Avoid areas where bullies are
4. Don’t put yourself in situations where you could get bullied
Not self confident
Don’t slouch, look at the ground or your feet when walking. It gives the impression that you’re unsure about yourself. Walk with confidence when walking Hold your head up, keep shoulders back, and smile!
Verbal “ Gum in my hair” by Twister Scholar, http:///www.twistedscholar.com used by permission
1. Don’t be afraid to make a scene. 2. If you feel threatened or scared for your life, YELL! 3. Yell at them to leave you alone or to stop . 4. Yelling makes you feel powerful and in control.
They can be a good outlet for the fears and anger that can build up. Teachers can call a meeting to help make the bullying stop. And remember telling isn’t snitching !
Who bullied you and who saw it happen.
What happened to you and what you did.
When does it happen and how often.
Where does it happen.
Tell what behavior you don’t like.
Tell how the behavior makes you feel.
Tell what behavior you want.
Tell what will happen if you can’t work things out.
Talk the talk (stand your ground)
DON’T FIGHT BACK! This is the response the bully wants from you. Stay calm! They want to know that they’re in control of your emotions If you can’t walk away, use humor- it throws them off
How bad is it really?
Imagine your actions
Talk yourself out of it
Use the scale to put it in perspective
Remember YOU’RE in control
No negative self talk
5 1 10 End of the world Not important
What can you do if you are being bullied?
Remember it will end
Don’t fight back or get mad
Hang out with friends
Check the way you act
Look around school
Stop bullying games
Facts on bullying
1. Over 5.7 million kids are either involved in bullying as either a bully, a target of bullying, or of both in the U.S. 2. Males are most likely to slap, punch, or push when bullying. Females are most likely to spread gossip or encourage others to exclude another girl. 3. Bullying isn’t normal and isn’t part of growing up.
What should you never do if you are getting bullied?
How should you look when walking ?
True or false: using humor is a way to respond to bullies?
What does #10 on the badness scale mean?
What are the 4 things to tell the person bullying you?