This will let you share files and folders, printers, play network games, etc...
1. Connect the two computers together either with a Crossover cable or a Hub/Switch to the
Ethernet card in your computer.
2. Set the IP address on both computers. Go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections
(choose switch to classic view if you cannot see network connections)
3. Look for your Local Area Connection Ethernet adapter, right-click and choose properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol TCP/IP and choose properties.
5. Setup the IP as 192.168.1.1 and the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 on the first computer and
192.168.1.2 on the second with the same subnet mask.
6. Choose OK then OK/close again.
* To share your files, right click on any folder and choose Sharing to make them shared.
* You can also do this with your printers to be able to print from one computer while the printer
is connected to the other.
Things You'll Need
* A Crossover cable. This a Cat5 Ethernet Cable that the wires have been switched around to
allow two computer only to talk to each other
* OR, you can purchase a switch/hub with two Standard quot;Straight-Throughquot; Ethernet Cables
* Check to see if your computer has an Ethernet Adapter in the back of the computer. Most new
computers have this. You can tell by the documentation from the computer or by looking at the
back of the computer. It looks like a phone jack, but larger.