Getting the ‘right’ job is often absolutely critical to people’s life chances . But thousands of people (maybe even hundreds of thousands) are currently working in positions well beneath their qualification, experience and skill levels simply because they struggle to position themselves competitively in the UK job market. Which is damaging for the individuals concerned, it’s damaging for their families, it’s damaging to the idea of social mobility and it’s damaging to Britain’s economy and competitiveness.
1. What is the social need? Thousands of people are currently working in positions well beneath their qualification, experience and skill levels…
2. What is the social need? … simply because they struggle to position themselves competitively in the UK jobs market.
3. What is the social need? Certain groups are particularly at risk from failing to fulfil their potential…
4. What is the social need? … but everyone could potentially benefit from an idea that makes the job seeking process more user-friendly and (hopefully) more successful.
5. What we’ve done: We’ve developed a tool that helps people better position themselves in the UK jobs market…
6. How we’ve done it: … by helping users record all their life experiences, prioritise them for job applications and receive peer and expert feedback and advice.
7. So how is CV Lifeline different? It’s: Highly visual Time-based Efficient Personal Guided
8. We’re calling our idea CV Lifeline … www.cvlifeline.co.uk
9. Good news! We’ve done the hard bit…
10. and we’ve figured out how to pay for it… Small, highly competitive fee for the CV mentor service Bounty fee from recruiters and employers White label product Advertising
11. What are the immediate next steps? Usability testing Growing awareness Intermediary marketing via: - CSR Departments - Recruitment agencies - Third sector organisations - Policy makers
12. <ul><li>What’s the potential for this idea in future? </li></ul><ul><li>New job application formats </li></ul><ul><li>New ways of interviewing candidates </li></ul><ul><li>Education and training provider accreditation </li></ul><ul><li>Compatibility with other digital platforms </li></ul>
13. Both of us are keen to develop this further so please come and talk to us… Thank you!