1. "Its a Skoda. Honest."AN ASSIGNMENT IN LOGO AS CORPORATE COMMUNICATION :PREPARED BY: Shwetali Haridas Kamble (ROLL NO. : SMM-33) MBA IN SALES AND MARKETING YEAR- 2012-13/TERM-II FAZLANI ALTIUS BUSINESS SCHOOL, MUMBAI
2. PRESENT LOGO• Freshness and precision• The traditional winged-arrow logo - more distinct and precise• The winged arrow, which in the new design – much larger and visible• The hue of the winged arrow changed from "natural green" to the new lush "ŠKODA green".• The outer area highlighted with a chrome look.
3. HISTORY OF THE COMPANY• Slavia – the first name of the company• Early 1890s – started manufacturing bicycles• 1895 Vaclav Klement and Vaclav Laurin started bicycle repair shop• In 1900 - press credited them as makers of the first motorcycle.
4. • By 1905 the firm was manufacturing automobiles• After World War I “The LAURIN-KLEMENT COMPANY” began producing trucks• In 1924 - acquired by Skoda works, an arms manufacturer, industrial enterprise in “Czechoslovakia”.• Later production under the Skoda name.• In 1930s Skoda was again successful with models such as “The Popular” After a decline during the economic depression
5. • In 1945, Skoda became part of the planned economy separated from the parent škoda company• In 1960s, models - Skoda 440 spartak, 445 Octavia, Felicia and Skoda 1000 MB.• Skoda - wholly owned subsidiary of the Volkswagen group in 2000.• Positioned as the entry brand to the group.• Its total global sales reached 875,000 cars in 2011
6. PRODUCTSSkoda 973 Babeta (1949) Fabia Paris EditionSkoda 1100 Type 968 (1958) (2002)Skoda F3 (1964) Tudor (2002)Skoda 720 (1967-1972) Roomster (2003)Skoda 1100 Gt (1968) Yeti Ii (2006)Skoda 110 Super Sport Ferat(1971) Joyster (2006)783 Favorit Coupé (1987) Fabia Super (2007)Felicia Golden Prague Vision D (2011)(1998) Missionl (2011)Ahoj (2002)
7. CHANGES OF LOGO OVER THE YEARS
8. Slavia Logo (1895 – 1905)• The logo was based on a wheel with lime leaves, which were to symbolize the Slav nations.• The names of the companys founders (Laurin & Klement) were added and later became the main motive for the new logo.
9. L&K Logo (1905-1925)• The initials of the companys two founders (Vaclav. Laurin & Vaclav. Klement)• Surrounded by laurels( approval or distinction) in the shape of a wreath.• Associated with victors(able to defeat rivals)• The laurels - foretold the success of L&k.
10. Skoda Logo (1926-1933)• Cars were produced under the Skoda brand from 1926.• The form of the new product logo shows continuity with the previous stage.• The Skoda logo has a new, oval shape, but the brand name is still the dominant element in the center and is surrounded by laurels.
11. Skoda logo (1926-1990)• "Winged arrow" first used in 1926.• The stylized head of an Indian wearing a headdress with five feathers• The blue and white circular logo, right-moving winged arrow with a stylized pinion.• Currently used on some original Skoda parts (e.g. On window glass and engine blocks).
12. Skoda logo (1999-2011)• The black and green logo, used from 1994, greater degree of originality.• Black - the hundred-year tradition.• Green - environmental production.