Perception of customers towards services & products of
Perception of customers
towards services & products of
INTRODUCTION TO J&K BANK
• The Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded on October 1, 1938 under letters patent issued by
the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir, Hari Singh & commenced business on July 4, 1939 .
• It is considered as the first of its nature & composition as a State owned bank in the country.
• Inspite of a government equity holding of 53 per cent, Jammu & Kashmir Bank (J&K Bank) is
regarded as a private sector bank .
• J&K Bank is the one and only banker and lender of last resort to the Government of J&K.
• It is the only private sector bank designated as agent of RBI for banking
• Services of J&K Bank are utilized for the purposes of disbursing the salaries of Government
officials. J&K Bank collects taxes pertaining to Central Board of Direct Taxes, in Jammu &
Mission, Vision and Philosophy
• VISION OF THE BANK
• The Bank's vision is “To catalyze economic transformation and capitalize on growth”. The
bank aspires to make Jammu and Kashmir the most prosperous state in the country, by
helping create a new financial architecture for the J&K economy, at the center of which will be
the J&K Bank. The Bank is committed to achieve healthy growth in profitability and
simultaneously to remain consistent with the Bank's risk appetite and at the same time
ensuring the highest levels of ethical standards, professional integrity and regulatory
• MISSION OF THE BANK
• The company’s mission is two-fold: To provide the people of J&K international quality financial
services and solutions and to be a super-specialist bank in the rest of the country. The two
together will make it the most profitable bank in the country.
• The Bank’s Corporate Governance philosophy is woven around
its total commitment to the ethical practices in the conduct of
its business, while striving in the constant quest to grow with
profits and enhance shareholders value and align the interests
of the Stakeholders and Society
SERVICE QUALITY, SATISFACTION &
When a consumer/customer is contented with either the product or services it is termed
satisfaction. Satisfaction results in person’s feelings of pleasure or disappointment that results
from comparing a product’s perceived performance or outcome with their expectations (Kotler
& Keller, 2009, p. 789).
This model has been very popular with academics
and researchers to assess the customer perception of
service quality for a variety of service industries.
The five dimensions of service quality include:
• Tangibility (appearance of physical components);
• Reliability (accuracy of performance)
• Responsiveness (promptness and helpfulness)
• Assurance (knowledge and courtesy of
• Compliance (follows rules and regulations)
• RESEARCH PROBLEM
To find the Customer’s Perception toward various products and services of J&K bank.
• SOURCE OF INFORMATION
Since this research is related to the customer’s perception, so the important sources of information are customers
• INSTRUMENT OF DATA COLLECTION
Primary source: Questionnaire
Secondary source: J&K bank’s official website
• SAMPLE SIZE
Sample size is 40 respondents. Only 37 questionnaire were accepted. 3 were rejected due to incomplete information.
Method of sampling: convenience samling
SNO OBJECTIVE HYPOTHSES TEST
1 To identify the perception of customers on
the basis of gender and marital status
towards products and services of J&K
Demographic profile wise (gender, marital status)
customer differs with regard to perception towards
2 The objective is to study the impact factor
of tangibility, reliability, responsiveness ,
assurance and compliance on the
perception of customers towards products
and services of J&K bank.
The perception of customers towards products and
services of J&K bank is significantly predicted by
tangibility, reliability, responsiveness and
compliance. and assurance.
DATA ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION
S.NO PARTICULARS DESCRIPTION FREQUENCIES PERCENTAGE
1 Gender Male
2 Age Below 35 years
Above 45 years
3 Marital Status Married
4 Education Illiterate
5 Amount of loan
Upto 5 lakhs
Above 10 lakhs
OUTPUTS FROM T-TEST
S.NO STATEMENTS DESCRIPTION MEAN T-VALUE P (significance value)
T1 J&K Bank provides you visually
appealing materials associated
T2 J&K Bank offers speedy and
T3 J&K Bank has convenient
opening business hours
T4 J&K Bank offerings
adequate to meet your needs
T5 J&K Bank products/services are
attractive than its competitors
T6 J&K Bank provides all the
services (money transfers,
insurance, savings, etc.)
T7 You are satisfied with the
tangibility of products and
• “There is a positive association between reliability and perception
towards J&K Bank’s products and services”. 0.08 (J&K Bank involves
• “There is a positive association between responsiveness and
perception towards J&K Bank’s products and services”.
• “There is a positive association between assurance and perception
towards J&K Bank’s products and services”. 0.57 (J&K bank don’t
fully assures about the rate of interest), 0.236 (customers aren’t
satisfied with the rate of interest charged by J&K bank)
• “There is a positive association between compliance and
perception towards J&K Bank’s products and services”. 0.259 (J&K
bank don’t Follow its policy.
• “Marital status wise mean difference exists with regard to the
perception of tangibility of products and services of J&K Bank”
stands partially accepted.
• “Gender-wise mean difference exists with regard to the perception
of tangibility of products and services of J&K Bank” stands
SUGGESTIONS TO THE BANK
• Bank should educate its customers about its terms and conditions clearly. Bank
shouldn’t involve any hidden policy while dealing with customers.
• J&K bank should follow its policies in a strict manner.
• Perception of married customers towards tangibility of products is good, while
that of unmarried customers is low. J&K bank should make its products and
services more appealing to its unmarried customers as they are the active
• Perception of male customers towards products and services of J&K bank is
good, while that of female customers, in comparison to male customers isn’t so
significant. Thus J&K should offer more services and products that appeal to
• J&K bank should establish single window operating system. Customers feel
inconvenience while going through lengthy procedures of bank.
• The study was restricted to J&K bank customers only.
• The study is restricted to corporate customers residing in Jammu region
• Considering the size of population that we have, the sample size that we
have taken is very small.
• Due to human behavior, element of subjectivity is present.
• Data given by the respondents are limited to their own attitude, perception,
knowledge, feeling and awareness. So generalization of this research work
LIMITATIONS OF THE RESEARCH
• This research work can be extended by taking into
consideration larger sample size, so that results can be
• Other banks can be included (HDFC,ICICI,PNB etc.)
• Perception of private bank customer and public bank customer
could also be compared.
• Perception of bank employees towards banks and services
could also be included.
• Perception of customers residing outside J&K and using J&K
bank services could be taken into consideration.