• Mass Tourism: Conventional tourism
involving large numbers of tourists in
• Niche Tourism: Special Interests, culture,
and/or activity-based tourism involving a
small number of tourists in authentic
• How does a culinary tour differ from a
traditional tour in its arrangement?
• What specialists may be involved in organizing
a culinary tour?
• How important is the travel industry to the
economy of Thailand?
• What are some factors that determine the
success of a culinary tour?
Special Forms of Tourism
• Extreme Tourism
• Medical Tourism
• Fashion Tourism
Principles of Ecotourism:
• Minimize impact.
• Build environmental and cultural awareness and
• Provide positive experiences for both visitors and
• Provide direct financial benefits for conservation.
Provide financial benefits and empowerment for
• Raise sensitivity to host countries' political,
environmental, and social climate.
• The international Ecotourism Society
• Ecotourism Responsible tourism, alternative
tourism, sustainable tourism
• Costa Rica
Responsible Travel Myths
I have to sacrifice quality and luxury of
It's too difficult to be a responsible traveler.
It means traveling to tropical jungles.
It's for backpackers.
• Extreme tourism or impact tourism is
including a kind niche tourism clearance to
the dangerous places (mountains, jungle,
deserts, caves, etc.) or participation with into