1. USING GOOGLE + FOR INSTRUCTION Kevin YEE, Ph.D. Assistant Director, Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA Jace HARGIS, Ph.D. College Director, Higher Colleges of Technology United Arab Emirates (UAE)
2. Using google+ for instruction Uses for google+ would include face to face classroomannouncements to instructions. It could be used to make a particular “circle” or group of users. The service could also be used by students to provide a platform for live conversations between students during actual class lectures. Google+ encourages and establishes a feeling of community and facilitates group learning Google+ allows for students to easily create links and media connections to benefit online learning.
3. Preliminary Analysis of Google+’s Privacy Shah Mahmood Department of Computer Science, University College London, United Kingdom email@example.com Yvo Desmedt Department of Computer Science, University College London, United Kingdom firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Google+’s photo metadata Photographs uploaded to google+ are identified automatically by written data below each photo indicating the type of camera that took the picture, and the date and time the photo was transferred to the google+ website.This data often is seen as interfering with the privacy of individuals. At thispoint in time the information , since it is automatically recorded, cannot be changed by the google+ users.
5. Cities lived in and other nameson profile People that wish to register as a google+ user Are requested to list their current addresses and also personal private information such as the previous cities where they lived in the past, and other personal Names often used by them. This is another infringement of privacy that has not yet been corrected by the google+ developers.
6. Google+ circles vs Facebook lists http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h C_M6PzXS9g
7. Google+ vs Facebook: othercomparisons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5 un76jFYc8Y&feature=related
8. The Potential of Google+ as a Media Literacy Tool James N. Cohen Jourmalism, Media Studies and Public Relations Department, HofstrUniversity, Hempste ad, NY, USA
9. The Potential of Google+ as a Media Literacy Tool Google+ has a basic advantage over Facebook and Twitter, in that it is part ofa social network that in turn is part of the largest search system in the world. Google+ has the ability to create a “circle” of users and can create for this circle a lasting social media connection . Google+ also now features the “hangout”, which provides video chat with up to ten people . Hangouts offer users the ability to discuss content in a small group setting. Google+ is a global platform that is advertising free, and encourages worldwide civic engagement.
10. Yee, K.,& Hargus,J. (2011).Using Google+ For Instruction.Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education,12,9-11. Mahmood, S., & Desmedt, Y. (2011) . Preliminary Analysis of Google+s Retrieved Privacy, from arXiv:1111.3530v1 Cohen, J.N. (2012), The Potential of Google+ as a Media Literacy Tool . Journal of Media Literacy Education 4:1 (2012) 93-96