1. How dose Body Speak?How dose Body Speak?• Like any spoken language, bodylanguage has words sentences adpunctuation.Each gesture is like a single word andone word my have several differentmeanings.
2. Bodily Speaking…..Bodily Speaking…..• According to the social Anthropologist ,Edward T.Hall.in a normal conversationbetween two person , less than %35 ofsocial meaning is transmitted by words.• So at least 65% meaning transmitted bythe body
3. Let’s examine how body communicate,Let’s examine how body communicate,and we will talk about some parts ofand we will talk about some parts ofbody as body language:body as body language:
4. HEADHEAD• Nodding the head :‘’Yes’ in most societies‘’No’ in some country like Bulgaria and turkey
5. FACEFACE• Facial expression reflect emotion feelings andattitudes, but …..•The Asians are sometimes known as-emotionless-mixed-up emotion
6. EYESEYES Eye contact :-Encouraged in America,Canada, Europe.-Rude in most Asiancountries and in Africa.-Raising eyebrows :-‘yes’ in Thailand and someAsian countries.-’Hello’ in the Philippines-Winking eye :-sharing secret in America and Europe.-flirtatious gesture in other countries
7. HANDSHANDS• Hands used more than other parts for communicating.• Hand waves are used for greeting or farewells.•Handshaking is a form of greeting in most Westerncultures.•In the Middle East, a gentle grip is appropriate.•In most Asian cultures , a gentle grip and an avoidanceof direct eye contact is appropriate
8. FINGERSFINGERS(cont’d(cont’d))• Pointing :-Pointing with the index fingers is common in northAmerica and Europe.-But it is considered impolite in japan and chinewhere they favor using the whole open hand.-Malaysians prefer pointing with the thumb.