Mathematics and software: The
mathematical support concerns the
development of a statistical model that will
determine the performance of a retreaded
tyre based on characteristics of the tyre and
the retreading process.
The statistical model has been defined and
Retread Initial Inspection
• Grazing Light Inspection: The first step is to
verify the condition of the incoming casing.
• Grazing light technique for inspecting
sidewalls from shoulder to bead. This helps
technicians detect subtle irregularities, which
may indicate potential problem areas.
• Retreading Plant have specific and measured
lighting standards for inspection and trained
technicians to accurately access each casing.
• Electronic Liner Inspection: Inner liner
penetrations too small to spot visually can cause
• Advanced X-Ray System: Suspected steel
damage, identified during Grazing Light
Inspection, is examined by X-Ray.
• Buffing: uses an automated computer-controlled
radial buffing system guided by a casing
specification database & continuous undertread
measurement to ensure optimal undertread
• Repairs: The proper preparation of the repair
area and correct placement of the repair unit. All
tools are inspected and replaced as needed.
• Pre-Mold: using a computer-controlled Tread
Builder to ensure the correct positioning of the
new tread- reduces tread-building variables with
the tread automatically cut to the correct length
to optimize compression of the tread at the joint.
• Custom Mold: Cushion Extrusion and Tread Building:
uses computer precision to control the extrusion of a
single slab of tread rubber. This extrusion, which is
similar to new tire construction, is strictly controlled
for width and thickness for a proper fit of the casing
and tread in the mold.
• Final Inspection: The crown, sidewalls, beads, and
interior are examined by a skilled technician to ensure
CIA and x-ray are available to verify repairs and audit
the final retread.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.