Report

410 views
343 views

Published on

Published in: Business
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
410
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
21
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
23
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Report

  1. 1.                                                                          AMITY UNIVERSITY ---------UTTAR PRADESH---------- AMITY SCHOOL OF FINE ARTS A Project Report on BRAND AWARENESS AMONG THE CONSUMERS THROUGH ADVERTISEMENTS 2013-2014 SUBMITTED TO: Mr. DANDESWAR BISOYI ASST. PROFESSOR ASFA SUBMITTED BY: G. SHRI SRUTHII M.F.A(APPLIED ARTS) 1st SEM A2528313016
  2. 2. DECLARATION I am G. Shri Sruthii, student of M.F.A, 1st semester from the Dept. of Fine Arts with specialization in Applied Art, have completed the present study under the supervision of my subject teacher Mr. Dandeswar Bisoyi (Asst. Prof), Dept. of Fine Arts, Amity University, Noida (U.P). I hereby declare that, this report has not been published in any form or any other examination purpose. I also admit that the above information is up to the best of my knowledge. Date: Place: Yours sincerely, (G. SHRI SRUTHII)
  3. 3. ACKNOWLEDGMENT My sincere thanks to Mr. Dandeswar Bisoyi (Asst. Prof) ASFA, for guiding and correcting various documents of mine with attention and care. He has taken pain to go through the project and make necessary corrections as and when needed. I express my sincere thanks to Mr. Pradeep Joshi (Director), ASFA, Noida, for his support. I also thank all the people of Amity University for their help and support.
  4. 4. CERTIFICATE This is to certify that my student G. SHRI SRUTHII , has prepared on the topic "BRAND AWRENESS AMONG THE CONSUMERS THROUGH ADVERTISEMENTS" under our supervision. She has worked with great endeavour and zeal. Her effort in the completion of the project are price worthy. I wish her success throughout life. Prof.(Dr.) Pradeep Joshi Director Amity School Of Fine Arts, Noida & Amity School of Fashion Technology Mr. Dandeswar Bisoyi Asst. Professor ASFA
  5. 5. INDEX 1. Literature Review (a) Introduction (b) Brand awareness (c) Brand Awareness Plan (d) Steps of creating a Brand Awareness (e) Maintaining Brand Awareness (f) Purchasing Decision Process (g) Consumer Preferences towards a Brand (h) Advertising and Awareness 2. Research Gap 3. Aim & Objective 4. Proposed Methodology of Study 5. Hypothesis 6. Experiment design 7. Conclusion 8. References
  6. 6. INTRODUCTION ADVERTISING Advertising or advertising is a form of communication for marketing and used to encourage, persuade, or manipulate an audience (viewers, readers or listeners; sometimes a specific group) to continue or take some new action. Most commonly, the desired result is to drive consumer behaviour with respect to a commercial offering, although political and ideological advertising is also common. This type of work belongs to a category called affective labour. In Latin, ad vertere means "to turn towards''. The purpose of advertising may also be to reassure employees or shareholders that a company is viable or successful. Advertising messages are usually paid for by sponsors and viewed via various traditional media; including mass media such as newspaper, magazines, television commercial, radio advertisement, outdoor advertising or direct mail; or new media such as blogs, websites or text messages.
  7. 7. BRAND AWARENESS Brand awareness refers to how aware customers and potential customers are of your business and its products. Brand awareness is crucial is to differentiating your product from other similar products and competitors. Expressed usually as a percentage of target market, brand awareness is the primary goal of advertising in the early months or years of a product's introduction. Awareness measures are used extensively in research as a gauge of brand performance and marketing effectiveness. Brand awareness is considered as one of the key pillars of a brand's consumer based brand equity. "Awareness, attitudes, and usage (AAU) metrics relate closely to what has been called the Hierarchy of Effects, an assumption that customers progress through sequential stages from lack of awareness, through initial purchase of a product, to brand loyalty." In total, these AAU metrics allow companies to track trends in customer knowledge and attitudes. Brand awareness plays a major role in a consumer’s buying decision process. The knowledge of an acquaintance or friend having used the product in the past or a high recognition of the product through constant advertisements and associations coaxes the person to make his decision in the favour of the brand. The eventual goal of most businesses is to make profits and increase sales. Businesses intend to increase their consumer pool and encourage repeat purchases. Apple is a brilliant example of how there is a very high recognition of the brand logo and high anticipation of a new product being released by the company. An iPod is the first thing that pops into our minds when we think of purchasing an mp3 player. iPod is used as a replaceable noun to describe an mp3 player. Finally, high brand awareness about a product suggests that the brand is easily recognizable and accepted by the market in a way that the brand is differentiated from similar products and other competitors. Brand building also helps in improving brand loyalty.
  8. 8. Brand Awareness Plan THE MAJOR COMPONENTS OF A PLAN TO DEVELOP BRAND AWARENESS ARE: Targeting the right audience is crucial to your success. Of similar importance is understanding that you need a plan along with specific actions that increase awareness of your brand amongst your consumers. Throughout the entire process of creating a brand, it is of utmost importance to consider how what you do will increase brand awareness. IDENTIFYING  AND UNDERSTANDING YOUR   TARGET CUSTOMERS CREATING A COMPANY NAME, LOGO AND SLOGAN ADDING VALUE THROUGH PACKAGING, LOCATION,  SERVICE,ETC ADVERTISING AFTER-SALE FOLLOW-UP AND CONSUMER RELATIONS MANAGEMENT
  9. 9. STEPS OF CREATING BRAND AWARENESS THE MESSAGE OF WHAT A BRAND IS  OFFERING TO THE CONSUMER  SHOULD BE CONSISTENT IMAGES YOU PRESENT SHOULD  ALSO BE CONSISTENT IN ORDER TO  INCREASE BRAND  AWARENESS SLOGANS AND TAGLINES SHOULD  ALSO BE CONSISTENT THROUGHOUT  MEDIUMS AMD MATERIALS MAINTAINING BRAND AWARENESS It is important to keep working at the issues and activities identified above. Pay attention to how customers are responding to products, packaging, displays, and messages. Look for ways to improve the image you are trying to get across. Ask your customers for suggestions. Work to maintain a consistent presence in the market place. This can mean a location and regular times where customers can reliably expect to find you. The NY Maple Producers booth at the State Fair has been in a prime location for many years. They need to move to gain more sales space and will have to have a plan to help customers find their new location. If your business is wholesaling maple products to retail locations, you need to stay in regular and reliable contact with your customers. They should not have to come looking for you when they need to re-stock or they will turn to suppliers that make it easier for them to operate their businesses.
  10. 10. PURCHASING DECISION PROCESS PERCIEVED  NEED SEEKING  INFORMATION ASSESSMENT  OF  PURCHASE EVALUATION  OF  ALTERNATIVES VALUE  ASSESSMENT
  11. 11. CONSUMER PREFERENCES TOWARD BRAND, INDICATE THE FOLLOWING UNAWARENESS EQUITY AWARENESS BRAND INSISTENCE ACCEPTANCE LOYALITY PREFERENCE
  12. 12. ADVERTISING AND BRAND AWARENESS Advertising is the activity or profession of producing information for promoting the sale of commercial products or services. Advertising is used through various media to generate brand awareness within consumers. They can be aired as radio ads, television commercials, internet etc. Advertising forms a main part of any brand awareness strategy through the use of both passive and active advertising. Using the specific market as an example the two different principles can be described as: • • Passive advertising addresses the audience without regard for the specification process Active advertising targets the audience at one or more stages of the specification process. An advertisement in a trade journal is a typical example of passive advertising whereas a technical page in a product directory is active advertising. Advertising objective can be set around four broad themes:1. The behavioural constructs generating trail purchases and store visit. 2. Change in attitude and its measurements. 3. Positioning of the product and brand building. 4. Creating awareness of new products and brands.
  13. 13. RESEARCH GAP Does the attitude and change of preference over brands changes due to advertisements?
  14. 14. AIM To help designers in creating advertisement on the basis of consumers attitude and preference over a brand on the basis of its advertisements which makes them aware of it. OBJECTIVE The main objective of my report is as follows: 1. To study the attitude of consumers over a brand. 2. To study the change of preferences among the consumers over a brand.
  15. 15. PROPOSED METHEDOLOGY OF STUDY This project is based on both primary and secondary sources. In the primary survey, target sample was expected to be 25 to 30 respondents belonging to various age groups and social commodities(rich, urban, poor, etc). Questionnaire is built in such a way that it covers the information required in an interesting and simple manner. Depending upon the social classification of the society, survey has been conducted using online and face to face communication. On the other hand, the secondary sources predominantly include published documents, domestic and international journals/publication, etc. Data collection is in both hard and soft copy form. Answers to the questionnaire has been arranged properly ( category wise, region wise, etc ) to carry out logical analysis. Quantitative analysis has been used which is literature based and intuitive, appropriate, statistical. Tools have been used for the same as well as for drawing conclusion. I have taken survey based on the Smartphone consumption and have come to a conclusion.
  16. 16. HYPOTHESIS   H1.Advertisements play an important role in making consumers  decide over a brand.  H2.Advertisements influences a man's behaviour over a brand.  H3. Consumers do get attracted to a brand due to advertisement.                               
  17. 17. SURVEY QUESTIONNAIRE For the study of Brand Awareness among the consumers through Advertisement Hello, I sincerely thank you for giving me an opportunity to communicate with you. Please spare your valuable time to fill in the important information in this questionnaire. Your honest responses will help in arriving to a logical conclusion for understanding the brand awareness among the public on the basis of advertisements. Thank you, Shri Sruthii Gurumoorthy
  18. 18. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION First name Last name Middle name Sex (M/F) Age ( DD/MM/YYYY) Marital status Education Profession Present Location ( Urban/Semi-urban) Address Mobile no E-mail
  19. 19. 01. Do you know about Smartphone? a. Yes b. No 02. Do you use a Smartphone? a. Yes b. No 03. Which brand are you using? a. Samsung b. Nokia c. Sony d. HTC e. Others 04. How did you know about that brand? a. TV b. Newspaper e. Haven't heard of it before c. Internet f. Not sure d. Friend/ Relative g. Others 05. Are you satisfied with your Smartphone? a. Yes b. No 06. Do you recommend the Smartphone to a friend or your family? a. Yes b. No 07. Have you purchased the same brand before? a. Yes b. No 08. Will you purchase the same brand again? a. Yes b. No 09. Have you seen the advertisement of your Smartphone? a. Yes b. No 10. Do you like the advertisement of your Smartphone? a. Yes b. No 11. How likely would it be for you to switch brands if an alternative brands advertisement was of better quality or effectiveness? a. Yes b. No 12. Based on your own experience, are you satisfied with the advertisement of the brand of your Smartphone? a. Yes b. No
  20. 20. 13. Do you rely on the brand's advertisement? a. Yes b. No 14. Do you trust the brand's advertisement? a. Yes b. No 15. Do you think the advertisement of a brand is more important when you purchase a Smartphone? a. Yes b. No 16. Will you purchase a Smartphone if it does not have any advertisement? a. Yes b. No 17. Do you think the image of a brand's advertisement can influence the buyer behaviour? a. Yes b. No 18. Which one you consider as the most important factor in advertisement when you purchase a Smartphone? a. Creative advertisement b. Product information c. Presence of brand's name d. Colourfulness 19. Do you wish to switch to any others brands of Smartphone due to advertisement? a. Yes b. No 20. What do you think as a competitive brand in Advertisement with your brand? a. Samsung b. Nokia c. Sony d. HTC Thanks for your response!!! e. Others
  21. 21. ANALYSIS FROM THE SURVEY 01. Do you know about Smartphone? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: Sales NO 4% YES 96% RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, almost 96% of people are aware of smart phones. Only 4 % of people are not known about it.
  22. 22. 02. Do you use a Smartphone? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: USERS YES  NO 20% 80% RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, out of those 96% of people 80% of people are using a Smartphone. Remaining 20% of people are having other kind of mobile phones.
  23. 23. 03. Which brand are you using? a. Samsung b. Nokia c. Sony d. HTC e. Others RESPONSE: USERS 23% 36% SAMSUNG NOKIA 9% SONY HTC 23% 9% OTHERS RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, out of those 80% people, 36% of people use Samsung, 23% people use Sony, 9% people use Nokia and other 9% of people use HTC and the remaining 23% people use other brands of smart phones.
  24. 24. 04. How did you know about that brand? a. TV b. Newspaper c. Internet d. Friend/ Relative/ Associate e. Haven't heard of it before f. Not sure g. Others RESPONSE: TO KNOW NOT SURE 5% NOT HEARED 0% TV 14% OTHERS 0% NEWSPAPER 5% FRIEND/RELATIVE 43% INTERNET 33% RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 43% of people came to know about the brand through their friends or relatives, 33% of people knew through internet, 14% of people through television, 5% of people through newspaper.
  25. 25. 05. Are you satisfied with your Smartphone? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: Sales 14% YES NO 86% RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 86% of people are satisfied with their smart phones and other 14% of people are not satisfied. It has not reached their expectation levels.
  26. 26. 06. Do you recommend the Smartphone to a friend or your family? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: 20 18 16 14 12 RECOMMEND 10 8 6 4 2 0 YES  NO RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 76% of people said that they would recommend the brand they are using to their friends and relatives. Whereas, remaining 24% of people said that they will not recommend as they are not satisfied.
  27. 27. 07. Have you purchased the same brand before? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: SAME BRAND BEFORE 15 10 SAME BRAND BEFORE 5 0 SAME BRAND BEFORE YES NO RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, only 35% of the people are existing consumers to the brand they are using. all the remaining 65% of them are new consumers to what they are using.
  28. 28. 08. Will you purchase the same brand again? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: PURCHASE AGAIN 18 16 14 12 PURCHASE AGAIN 10 8 6 4 2 0 YES NO RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 78% of people are ready to purchase the same brand again. But remaining 22% of people are not ready to continue with the same brand.
  29. 29. 09. Have you seen the advertisement of your Smartphone? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: ADVERTISEMENT SEEN 20 15 10 ADVERTISEMENT SEEN 5 0 YES NO RESULTS: As far as the survey conducted, 90% of them have seen the advertisement of their product. Whereas remaining 10% of them are clear about it.
  30. 30. 10. Do you like the advertisement of your Smartphone? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: 100% 90% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% 0% yes no LIKE THE AD RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 90% of the people like the advertisement of their smart phone only 10% of the people don't like advertisement of their brand.
  31. 31. 11. How likely would it be for you to switch brands if an alternative brands advertisement was of better quality or effectiveness? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: SWITCHING TO BRANDS NO SWITCHING TO BRANDS YES 9.5 10 10.5 11 RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 46.5% wish to switch brands if the advertisement appeals good but remaining 53.4% are not ready to switch to other brands.
  32. 32. 12. Based on your own experience, are you satisfied with the advertisement of the brand of your Smartphone? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: SATISFIED WITH THE ADVERTISEMENT NO YES 0 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 73% of the consumers are satisfied with their products advertisement and remaining 28% are not satisfied.
  33. 33. 13. Do you rely on the brand's advertisement? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: NO NOT RELY ON AD RELY ON AD YES 0 2 4 6 8 10 12 RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 46.7% of consumers do not rely on advertisement they said and remaining 53.3% of people accepted that they do rely on the advertisement.
  34. 34. 14. Do you trust the brand's advertisement? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: TRUST THE AD NO TRUST THE AD YES 0% 20% 40% 60% 80% 100% RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 46.7% people trust the advertisement of their brand whereas remaining 53.3% of the people said that they don't trust the advertisement to the core.
  35. 35. 15. Do you think the advertisement of a brand is more important when you purchase a Smartphone? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: IMPORTANCE OF AD FOR THE BRAND TO  PURCHASE NO IMPORTANCE OF AD FOR THE  BRAND TO PURCHASE YES 0 5 10 15 RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 62% of people consider as advertisement of the brand is more important to make people buy that product. Whereas, remaining 38% of the consumers don't consider it to be that essential.
  36. 36. 16. Will you purchase a Smartphone if it does not have any advertisement? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: PURCHASE WHEN THERE IS NO AD YES NO RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 62% of people say that they don't purchase smart phones if it does not have any advertisement. But there are some 38% of people say who do buy a product even if there is no advertisement for a product or brand.
  37. 37. 17. Do you think the image of a brand's advertisement can influence the buyer behaviour? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: INFLUENCE OF ADVERTISEMENT NO 5% YES 95% RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 95.5% people strongly agree with the statement that advertisement can influence a buyers behaviour over a particular brand.
  38. 38. 18. Which one you consider as the most important factor in advertisement when you purchase a Smartphone? a. Creative advertisement b. Product information c. Presence of brand's name d. Colourfulness RESPONSE: IMPORTANT FACTOR CREATIVE ADVERTISING PRODUCT INFORMATION PRESENCE OF BRANDS NAME COLOURFULNESS 0% 10% 14% 76% RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 76% of them say that the presence of product information in an advertisement is more essential for them. !4% of them have said that they look for creativeness in the advertisement and remaining 10% said that they look for the presence of brands name in the advertisement.
  39. 39. 19. Do you wish to switch to any others brands of Smartphone due to advertisement? a. Yes b. No RESPONSE: SWITCH OVER BRAND DUE TO  ADVERTISMENT YES 45% NO 55% RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, 55% of them said they will switch over to other brands due to advertisement but 45% of them said that they will switch over if the advertisement is good.
  40. 40. 20. What do you think as a competitive brand in Advertisement with your brand? a. Samsung b. Nokia c. Sony d. HTC e. Others RESPONSE: COMPETITIVE BRAND IN ADVERTISEMENT 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 SAMSUNG NOKIA SONY HTC OTHERS COMPETITIVE BRAND IN ADVERTISEMENT RESULTS: As from the survey conducted, the advertisements of Samsung and Nokia is competing each other with leading 30% each. 15% of people said that HTC's advertisement is the competitive advertisement. 10% of people support for Sony's advertisement.
  41. 41. CONCLUSION From the study that I made so far by going through the literature part and also by carrying out surveys among various people belonging to various category (age, location, profession, gender, etc) following conclusion has been arrived: H1. From the analysis made in Q. No.7, 8 and 11 to 20, we got  responses that  " Advertisements play an important role in making  consumers decide over a brand".  H2. From the analysis made in Q. No. 7, 8, 16 and 17, we got  responses agreeing to the statement that "Advertisements  influences a man's behaviour over a brand".  H3. From the analysis made in Q. No. 10, 18 and 19, we got  responses agreeing to the statement  that "Consumers do get  attracted to a brand due to advertisement".  Hence we have studied over the attitude of consumers over a brand and also the change of preferences among the consumers over a brand.          
  42. 42. REFERENCES "Brand Awareness" by Tara Gustafson and Brain Chabot. "Brand and Advertising Awareness: A Replication and Extension of a Known Empirical Generalisation" by Jenni Romaniuk, Byron Sharp, Samantha Paech & Carl Driesener. ''Impact of Advertising on Brand Awareness and Consumer Preference(with special reference to Men's wear). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertising www.nnyagdev.org/.../CMB%20105%20Brand%20Awareness.pdf wwwdocs.fce.unsw.edu.au/marketing/amj_12_3_romaniuk_et_al.pdf iosrjournals.org/iosr-jbm/papers/Vol5-issue6/F0565461.pdf

×