2) The X method is based upon a single set of curves which is used to make all adjustments to the scores. The Y method has two different curves: the "normal curves", which are used to adjust ____ already scored, and the "target curve", which is used to adjust the ____ that are yet to be scored. Y’s justification for this is that the team may not be fully aware of the ‘resources’ that it can use and may have to change tactics mid way and that if the tactics are inherently different, the curves used to calculate the _____ target should also be different. The X method is more widely used than the Y method.X,Y yaru?
3) Shivnaraine Chanderpaul has sealed a place for himself in International cricket by accomplishing a ‘feat’ that, now, can’t be equaled by anyone. Entha ‘feat’?
Most runs using a runner in International cricket(ICC banned the use of runners from April 2012)
4) The X consists of three layers. The upper and lower layers contain kite and triangular pieces. There are all together 8 kite and 8 triangular pieces. The kite pieces are 60 degrees wide, while the triangular pieces are 30 degrees wide, relative to the center of the layer.The middle layer contains two trapezoid pieces, which together may form an irregular hexagon or a square.X Enna?
5)Ian Fleming’s penultimate novel, You Only Live Twice (released in 1964), gave James Bond a sense of family background, a sense of humour and Scottish antecedents that were not present in any of the previous stories.What influenced Fleming to do so?
You Only Live Twice (1964) was the first book written by Fleming after the release of Dr. No (1962) in cinemas and Sean Connerys depiction of Bond affected Flemings interpretation of the character.
The Netherlands cricket team (during the 2011 cricket world cup) and the Sauber F1 team are both sposored by AMUL
7) X is 1963 CinemaScope British film, directed by Mark Robson, and based on a 1962 book by Stanley Wolpert of the same name. It stars Horst Buchholz, Diane Baker, Jose Ferrer, and Robert Morley.The film is a fictional narrative set in the last few hours of Y’s life that lead up to his assassination of Z. As he prepares for the shooting at Zs residence, flashbacks recall Ys troubled life of violence with Muslims, his problems with his family, and his involvement with two women.X was also the first motion picture depiction of Z.X enna? Y,Z yaru?
X: Nine Hours to RamaY: Nathuram GodseZ: Mahathma Gandhi
8) X’s Y is a metaphor for a dramatic principle concerning simplicity and foreshadowing. It suggests that if one shows a loaded Y on stage in the first act of a play, it should be used in a later act; otherwise, the Y should not be shown in the first place. The primary point of Xs advice was to caution against including unnecessary elements in a story or its staging. Failure to observe the rule of X’s Y may be cited by critics when discussing plot holes. The deliberate defiance of this principle may take the form of a red herring.X’s Y enna?
9) Football Researcher and historian Jerry Muchimba recently presented concrete proof with regards to a particular feat of Xwhich was wrongly claimed to be that of Y. Speaking about his research, Jerry said “ This work has been undertaken over a long time. We have looked at the 1972 league games, local cup games, African inter club championships and ______ National team games. We are not just looking at mere speculation... It’s interesting that this comes at a time when there is a record being talked about and we thought we should present to Football Association of _____ our facts.”X,Y yaru? What are we talking about?
X: Godfrey ‘Ucar’ ChitaluY: Lionel MessiThe Zambians claim that it is Chitalu (with 107 goals) who scored the most number of goals in an year and not Messi
Hasan RazaThe Raza method graphParalympics symbolThe Raza method is employed to enable athletes with different levels of disability compete at an even level and was first employed at the 2012 Paralympics
11) The Maharaja of ______ ,Bhupinder Singh, was an avid sportsman and was a great patron of the sport of Tent Pegging. He once invited the Irish Tent Pegging team , ‘The Viceroy’s pride’ ,to play the ______ State team. Not wanting to lose pride by losing to the visitors he had the Irish team served measures of alcohol larger than the usual ones, by thinning the glass of a usual shot. The Irish team, playing under the influence, underperformed and the Maharaja’s team won. This gave rise to a uniquely Indian thing X.X Ennathu?
12) Parody of what? What happens next? Put funda.
Parody of McD’s “when the US wins, you win” campaign during the 1984 Olympics (which was a disaster since the Soviets boycotted the Olympics and USA went on to win most of the events, even the ones they were expected to loose)
13) Chen Shih‐hsin, won the gold medal in Taekwondo 49 Kg category in the 2004 Olympics. What made her react this way on the podium?
The Taiwanese taekwondo gold medalist Chen Shih‐hsin vents her frustration at not being able to celebrate under the real Taiwan flag and National anthem and instead having to celebrate under the Olympic flag (Taiwan was not recognized as a country by China, which imposed it to compete as ‘Chinese Taipei’)
The Acuna Boys is inspired by the name of the gang from the 1977 revenge film Rolling Thunder. Since that film is one of his all time favorites, QT named his DVD distribution company Rolling Thunder Pictures and the first website for that company featured the AcunaBoys logo.Featured in Kill Bill: Volume 2.
Benny’s World of Liquor‐ From Dusk Till Dawn (Opening Scene)
G.O juice• First appeared on a billboard in Kill Bill: Volume 1 and appears in Death Proof.
The Titty Twister, called as the Tarantino Bar, where the Gecko Brothers, along with their new hostages (Harvey Keitel, Juliette Lewis and Ernest Liu) seek refuge in From Dusk Till Dawn.
Teriyaki donutFeatured briefly in Pulp Fiction (Marsellus Wallace is seen carrying drinks from Teriyaki Donut before he is hit with Butch’s car)
Teriyaki Donut, with its own kiosk inside the glorious Del AmoFashion Center, features itself quite nicely in Tarantino’s Jackie Brown during a meetup between Jackie (Pam Grier) and Ordell (Samuel L Jackson)
•15 q•+10/‐0 on bounce•+10/‐5 on pounce•Only one pounce per question per team
1) Five Deadly _____ is a cult 1978 Hong Kong martial arts film directed by Chang Cheh, starring the ______ Mob, and produced by the Shaw Brothers Studio, about five kung‐fu fighters with unique animal styles: The Centipede, The Snake, The Scorpion, The Lizard and The Toad.What did the name of the ‘mob’ from this film directly inspire?
Naming of the “Deadly viper assassination squad ” from Kill Bill (blank stands for ‘Venom’)
Annapoorneshwari DeviMegan Ellison is the founder of Annapurna pictures, named after the Annapurna mountain range. Annapurna pictures produced ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ based on Osama Bin Laden’s capture and also produced the ‘Hurt Locker’.
3) A Media content developer named Ian Messiter had a humiliating experience as a school student when he was found abstracted in the History class on the English Monarch Henry VIII. When asked to make a verbal annotation on the lecture by his teacher ,he found himself predictably incapacitated.This experience enthused him to produce a very popular show aired on the broadcasting network BBC .How do we better know this panel game today?
4) Id the film to which this soundtrack belongs and also Id the instrument used to create this portion.
Alfred Hitchcock’s ‘Spellbound’ and the instrument is the Theremin
Nagarjuna is the manager for the SBK team ‘MahiRacing team India’, owned by MSD. Fabian Foret is a racer for the same team.
6)The ’Three Kingdoms period’ war (221–264 AD) was fought between the rival states Wei, Shu, and Wu, each vying for control of China after the fall of the Han Dynasty. The battle involved crossing of rivers and was fought over unrelenting terrain. What did this piece of history give rise to?
Sanguo Qi(part points for ‘3 player chess variate’ or ‘3 Kingdoms chess’)
Captain Tsubasa, the third bronze statue to be erected alongside fellow pop culture characters Ryo and Tora, in the Japanese city of Katsuhika, birthplace of Captain Tsubasa creator Youichi Takahashi.
The Eiffel Tower The Fleur de lies The cradleConnect to the logo of the Paris Saint‐Germain team (Louis XIV was born in Saint‐Germain‐en‐Laye In 1638 hence the cradle and Fleur de Lies)
9) This is an ad for a particular ‘campaign’ by the Brazilian Serie B team Vitoria. What campaign and how did they execute it?
Vitoria, who generally play in RED and BLACK stripes, ‘drained’ the red hoops from their home jersey in a bid to raise awareness and get their fans to donate blood for transfusions and the like.The red hoops on the home shirt were then replaced one‐by‐one as the level of blood donated rises, until the shirt is eventually restored to it’s original form when the target is met. (the last line of the ad goes ‘Vitoria has always given its blood for you. It’s time for you to give yours’)
10) X and his wife Y represented India in the 1972 Munich Olympics but both their performances were not up to the mark and they were disappointed. They felt they had to do something MORE for the country. X,Y yaru? Enna pannanga?
X : Vece Paes Y : Jennifer PaesLeander Paes was conceived in the 4 day gap at Munich :P
3 sec are added to the clock, and the USSR ends up winning in this very controversial 1972 Munich Olympics basketball final. (the USA refused to receive their silver medals, which still lies in a safe in Lausanne, Switzerland)
15) X has claimed that his portrayal of Y in _____ may have benefited Z in his campaign. X said that Y has ‘helped open the eyes of the American people’ and has ‘made viewers more comfortable with the idea of Z as a capable leader’. This influence on the public is also termed the ‘Y effect’. X is sometimes even mistaken for Z .So gimme X,Y,Z.
X : Dennis Haysbert Y : David Palmer Z : Barack Obama
• 12 Sets of 3 images with connect to a movie• First slide crack: +5x/‐5x• Second slide crack: +3x/‐3x• Third slide crack: +2x/‐2xWhere x= ‘no. of teams who haven’t cracked it yet ’Single guess per image per team