4. How did you use media
technologies in the construction
and research, planning and
• YouTube and IMBD were the main
components used for research due to the
fact that this is what I used to look at
various different trailers. YouTube is the
main hub for finding any movie trailer to
watch. IMBD is good for finding movies, and
for finding movies that are similar to the
genre I’m looking at so that I can find a large
sum of a particular genre.
• Prezi and PowerPoint are what I used to
present my research and I presented it on
• Blogger is really significant on its own
because I used it for research and planning
and presenting altogether.
• Also for my research, questionnaires and structured
interviews were done.
• For my one-on-one interviews I showed people my
trailer and then asked them questions about it
immediately after they had watched it so I could get
• I got people to send me video feedback of their
opinion on my trailer as this was a very fun and
interactive way to get feedback.
• I also gave out questionnaires before I began my
trailer as I wanted help with choosing names for my
characters and the target audiences feedback is
really important for that as they will be the ones
• Iphone. iPhone is really handy to do things such as writing notes. Recording the
voice overs. Due to its size and weight it is easy to carry around with me
everywhere and anywhere. This was very good for planning.
• Photoshop was really good to edit the photos for magazine and poster due to the
range of tools I am able to use.
• Soundcloud was a good way for sourcing out music because whereas youtube has
music it also has a variety of other things whereas soundcloud has music and also
the option to download music that has no copyright.
• Itunes is where I saved everything (such as the voice notes and good music that I
found for the trailer) on.
• In terms of evaluation, I used various methods
and they were all really effective for me.
• Media technologies were good for me when I
was doing my evaluation questions.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.