Presented at ConveyUX in Seattle, 7 Feb 2014
There is a gap between the most discussed and trendy practices in design, and the way many UX professional do their work. Sketching in the browser is fine for those who only design websites (and have a coding background) but what about apps, messaging, services and systems?
In this workshop Steven will outline some of the basic principles of good tools, and demonstrate with simple hands-on exercises how to use your existing software, and other simple techniques to design for multiple screen sizes, multiple contexts and every platform.
You will learn:
- How to consider scale, and really understand portability and touch.
- Design with adaptive and responsive needs in mind.
- Specifying design, so UX speaks the language of implementation.
- Service and systems design techniques.
- Quick techniques to assure that your designs will work in context.