CQC School Quiz Sunday, 11 th April 2010
A 12 th Grader at Vidhya Niketan School
Dancing, Watching Manchester United, Ferrari, Nadal and little bit of Cricket are my hobbies
1. What is the full name of our President?
Pratibha Devi Singh Patil
2. What is the dot over the letters “i” or “j” called?
3. __________ is a proprietary open wireless protocol for exchanging data over short distances (using short length radio waves) from fixed and mobile devices, creating Personal Area Networks (PANs).
4. Whose book is called “Wide Angle”?
-Its his collection of photographs.
5. Which planet’s poisonous atmosphere has been described as the product of a “runaway greenhouse effect”?
Astronomer Carl Sagan’s extensive studies led to his concern over the fate of earth’s atmosphere
6. What is common between the cities, Kuala Lumpur, Chennai, Jaffna, Madurai and Paris, to name a few?
All have been venues for the World Tamil Conferences
7. Who started the magazine, “Tomato Ketchup”?
8. The original concept for _____ was borrowed from a product produced by the founder’s prep school Phillips Exeter Academy which, for decades published and distributed a printed manual of all students and faculty.
9. Who is the mascot for the Indian Railways?
10. Which Football team’s players are know as the “magpies” or the “toon”?
Newcastle United Football Club
11. Chorophobia is the fear of?
12. The Springing Tiger was another name for which martial group of freedom fighters?
13. What is the other name for the Kathiawar Peninsula?
14. The Ramganga river flows through which National Park in India?
15. Who sang the song Hosanna, from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya?
Vijay Prakash, Suzanne D’Mello & Blaaze
16. The name of which musical instrument is derived from the Persian word for “three strings”?
17. The business began in 1940, with a restaurant opened by brothers Richard and Maurice in San Bernardino, California. Their introduction of the "Speedee Service System" in 1948 established the principles of the modern Fast-food Restaurant. How is the business known now?
18. Jaya, Padma, Sonalika and Madhu are varieties of??
19. Zahir-ud-din Muhammed was the real name of which Mughal ruler?
20. What is the capital of Mozambique?
the permanent secretariat of the SAARC located?
22. What is common between Deepika Padukone, Daler Mehndi, Sajid Khan, Nayantara and Akshay Kumar, to name a few??
Brand Ambassadors of the IPL Teams
23. What product was originally intended as a patent medicine when it was invented in the late 19th century by John Pemberton, and was brought out by businessman Asa Griggs Candler?
24. Earth Hour is an event organized globally by which organization?
WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature)
is the famous volcano Cotopaxi located?
Ecuador (Andes Mountains)
26. Which pop-quartet was recently inducted into the US Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame?
27. In 1941,who, at the height of her popularity and glamour, created history of sorts by becoming the first Indian film star to endorse the popular Lux soap brand, a concession then only granted to top Hollywood heroines?
General Packet Radio Service
Farisa Siddiqui- mother of Ayesha Siddiqui
Thank You Keep Smiling!!