Competitive Exams Olympiad - Class 1-12Presentation Transcript
Prof Shivananda R Koteshwar
• Conducted by SOF (Science Olympiad Foundation)
• Eligibility: Class I to XII
• Visit the following link for syllabus, model papers
and structure of exam: http://www.sofworld.org
• Additional Information:
• Exams are
– NCO National Cyber Olympiad
– NSO National Science Olympiad
– IMO International Maths Olympiad
– IEO International English Olympiad
Copyrights– The Amaatra Academy2
Science Olympiad Foundation
Copyrights– The Amaatra Academy4
• During 2012-13, over 24000 schools from
more than 1000 cities registered and millions
of students appeared for the above Olympiads.
• These Olympiads are conducted across 14
countries in Asia
• IEO is only one level but 2nd level exam is
held for Cyber, Science & Mathematics
– In level two, no two students will be given same
Copyrights– The Amaatra Academy5
Copyrights– The Amaatra Academy6
Copyrights– The Amaatra Academy7
Copyrights– The Amaatra Academy8
Awards for Level1
• For NCO, NSO & IMO - for International & State toppers in 20 zones
of classes one & two, awards to be provided as per list previously
• For IEO - for International & State toppers in 20 zones of classes one
to twelve, awards to be provided as per the list previously shown
• Participation Certificate to every student.
• Certificate of merit to all 2nd level qualifiers
– Where 10 or more students from one class write an exam - gold, silver
and bronze medals to top 3 rank holders
– Where between 5 to 9 students from a class write an exam - gold medal to
the top rank holder.
• In case of tie of marks, only one student will qualify for a medal.
• Performance Report for each participating School & student.
• For exams with one level only, one rank for one student.
• For exams with two levels, in the first level, one rank may have more
than one student, however, in the 2nd level, one rank will have one
Copyrights– The Amaatra Academy9
Awards for Level2
• For NCO, NSO & IMO – for International & state toppers in 20 zones, of
classes three to twelve, awards to be provided as per list previously shown
• Each winner will be entitled to one award for an exam. Thus, the
international top 3 rank holders will be entitled to awards based on their
International ranks. Awards accruing to them for State ranks will be given to
the next rank holder
• Criteria for Qualification:
– Top 5% of candidates classwise who appear for the 1st level exam.
– Due weightage to marks scored in different sections will be given. Each section is
accorded separate weightage.
– Statewise top 10 rank holders classwise.
– Class topper where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam & scores 75%
• Criteria for Ranking
– Marks scored in level 2 exam2
– In case of a tie, weightage will be accorded as per following priority
• Marks scored in sections in level two exam accorded more weightage. Marks scored in level 1
exam.Marks scored in sections in level one exam accorded more weightage. Past performance of
student. Interview conducted by SOF.
Copyrights– The Amaatra Academy10
Ranking for Single Level Exam
• For IEO and class one & two students
• Marks obtained in the exam.
• In case two or more students score same number of marks, ranks will
be determined on following priority and criteria:
– Marks obtained in different sections of the exam. Each section is
accorded separate weightage.
– Student’s performance in school during the previous year- as mentioned
in the OMR. This may be verified at the discretion of SOF.
– Student not stating past year’s performance may not be considered for
ranking in case of a tie.
– Age of the student - with greater preference being given to the younger
– Telephonic or personal Interview may be conducted.
• No two students will be given same rank. However, in case 2 or more
students score equally on all parameters defined above, the award
may be distributed equally among all winners.
Copyrights– The Amaatra Academy11
• Girl Child Scholarship Scheme (GCSS) -
Rs.5000/each scholarship to 300 girls
• Scholarship for Excellence in English (SEE)
- Rs.5000/ each scholarship to 120
• Teachers Training Camp (TTC) - 100
teachers to attend a residential camp on
Education Technologies conducted by
Copyrights– The Amaatra Academy12