1. Training And DevelopmentA Competitive Work Force Fatemeh Hashemi
2. Training And DevelopmentA Competitive Work ForceThe key to hiring good candidates is not always wages. But Today training is as important as salary. If you dont pay good wages, the best candidates will not even consider working for you. But Training is a great benefit that is often overlooked by employers.Different way of improving in work force by training:1) Improving the competences of the work force which create a competitive advantages .2) Contribution to organizational success, for example providing shared experience by the aim of prompted understanding among employees3) Development importunately can help employee develop their own proposal competitive advantages
3. Importance Of Training AndDeveloping Strategic1-Improving recruitment and retention2-Improving competitiveness3-Implementing new technology4-Improving customer services
4. Training And Development WithinAn Integrated “HRM “SystemThe activity of Training, Developing and Socializationemployees are so closely related to HRM.That might be impossible to put an obvious distinctionbetween them but we can say Development Practicesimprove performance by required knowledge of acompetitive work force.Training focus on knowledge and skills which requirebefore being placed in job.Socialization teaches employees about the organizationhistory, culture, and management practice . newemployees learn how thing are done in the newenvironment or in any procedures manual.
5. Other HR Activities
6. Legal Compliance For some job in some industries, federal regulation require employers to provide training .for example the Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA) the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)are some example that enforce training requirements, in some other industry like finantional service and real estate , employee must be certified to hold particular job.
7. Evaluating Training And Development Possible measures of T&DIS included in two categories:1) short term effects 2)longterm consequence , In general,employers seeks for long termconsequences to evaluate moreeffectiveness, however, theyassess only short term effects.
8. Manager AnalyzingThe training manager must analyze as much information as possible about :• Organization and its goals and objectives.• Jobs and related tasks that need to be learned.• Competencies and skills that are need to perform the job.• Individuals who are to be trained.
9. Organizational NeedAnalysis Analysis about the organization needs covers in three area:1) Short term strategy2) Long term strategy3) Strategic business of objectives of the company This analysis should produce a clear statement of the goals to promote the company by training activities.
10. Demographic NeedsAnalysisDemographic needs analysis determine thetraining needs of specific population ofworkers. It is useful to understand whetherall employee are given equal access togrowth developmental challenge to promoteskill development on the job methods.
11. Creating The RightConditions The successful development in training depends on right conditions. We have five essential components which are written below can ensure that the right conditions are in suitable place:• Insight• Motivation• New skills and knowledge• A Real world practice• Accountability
12. SkillsWith the declining availability of skilled industrialworkers, along with lack of industry support byeducational and private concerns, it is getting tougherto locate and hire skilled industrial workers. Ratherthan fight this battle, it is far better to developemployees that you currently have and promote fromwithin your own company. Many skilled employeeswill be leaving for retirement within the next 10 years.A succession plan should be developed to trainpersonnel as others retire or leave the work force.To survive the current and future employee climate, anongoing training program and hiring strategy must bedeveloped to reduce future industry cost.
13. Decide Who ProvideWhen we start training and development activities it is important to provide required guidance .As an example:• Supervisors and Other Managers. On-the-job training• Coo workers. Paired-training, coaching• Experts. Subject matter experts• Employee. Computer-based, self-paced instruction
14. Training For EffectiveOut comeFor training effective outcome three important Objectives are useful to learn:1) Motivation2) Attitudes3) Values
15. How We Can MaximizeLearning?Setting the several Stages for Learning ,also Increasing Learning during Training is disgusted in four important points:1) Active participationBetter performance through involvement2) MasteryPromotes self-efficacy beliefs about task-specific abilitiesSegment, sequence and shape learning of tasksSet proximal goals to increase mastery perceptions3) FeedbackSpecific, timely, diagnostic, practical feedback4) PracticeProvide opportunities for practice of new behaviors to make them consistent and permanent
16. Team Training AndDevelopmentTeam training and development are divided in three process•Training to develop team cohesiveness•Training in team procedures•Training to develop work team leaders
17. Cross Cultural TrainingTo prepare people from several cultures to work together we need “Diversity training ”and To prepare a person for living in another culture Training for expatriates and families should be in the focus of our attention.A planned intervention designed to increase the knowledge and skills of expatriates to live and work effectively and achieve general life satisfaction in an unfamiliar host culture is Cross Cultural Training.