2. My introductionI’m Shishir Chakraobrty,the youngest Zend Certified Engineer inthe world. I got Zend PHP 5.3 Certifiedon 31st December 2012.
3. Topics What is Zend and ZCE Benefits of becoming ZCE Primary Requirements My Suggestions What to do when you’re ready! About the exam Conclusion
4. What is Zend and ZCEZend(Zeev Suraski+Andi Gutmans) is the companybehind the PHP scripting language, which is oneof the most popular languages for web-developingtodayZend Certified Engineer is an internationalonline certification program, based on PHP andZend Framework(an application frameworkimplemented in PHP)
5. Benefits of becoming ZCE• Gain recognition as a Zend Certified Engineer; get listed among the best PHP developers in the PHP Yellow Pages.• PHP skills are in high demand, making ZCEs easy to get better jobs, or annual salary increments.• Get Bonus coupon of $100 value for any Zend Online Training course!• Get free license for Zend product installations.
6. Requirements• A basic knowledge and understanding on PHP.• Primary knowledge on Zend Framework, if you sit for the Zend Framework examination.• $195 as the exam fees.• Confidence and persistence.
7. My suggestions 1. PHP Manual 2. Zend PHP 5.3 certification 3. Zend Framework Certification(www.php.net) Study guide (available in zend Study guide (available in zend official website) official website) No. 1 is for detailed documents about everything in PHP. No.2 (if your exam is on PHP) and No.3(if your exam is on ZF) are study guides for the certification exam only. But none of them serves the purpose of understanding the basics in PHP. If you are a complete beginner, let Google be your friend !
8. What to do When you’re readyReady for ZCE?? Sure you can pass? If you ARE, you WILL!Simply contact any of the Pearson Vue test centers.A few are listed below:Chittagong : New Horizons CLC – ChittagongDhaka : IBCS Primax Software (Bangladesh) Ltd New Horizon CLC of Bangladesh IT Bangla Ltd Genuity Systems Ltd. Dot Com Systems MIR Technologies Ltd Flexible Networks Ltd.Find more at www.pearsonvue.com/zend/locate/
9. About the exam Around 70 randomly generated questions. Questions vary in their level of difficulty.( That is why the number of questions varies). Question comes in three formats : MCQ with one possible answer, MCQ with plural possible answers, and Short Answers. Allowed 90 minutes in total to answer the questions. A single question will often test more than one topic at a time. There’s option to flag any question for review so that you can easily sort them out later, and you can also change your answer even if you’ve not flagged them. Your grade is shown to you immediately after the exam is over. The exam is guarded by an invigilator from the other side of the exam room and also a webcam is present for Pearson vue to check out if they want. You’ll get a scratch/erasable paper for calculations during the examination.
10. ConclusionThere are 52 ZCEs in Bangladesh till now ( nearly 8000 allaround the world).The two youngest ZCEs in the world are fromBangladesh, which is obviously a positive sign for the PHPcommunity in Bangladesh!I hope this will be increased by you, yes YOU people.