2. Aug. 1, 1966: Charles Whitman, University of Texas, Sixteen people are killed April 16, 2007: A gunman kills 32 people in a dorm and a classroom at Virginia Tech. February 14, 2008 A gun men killed several people at Northern Illinois University.
3. • What states currently allow guns on campuses?• Utah is the only state that has a law allowing students who are over the age of 21 to carry a gun.• What would it require to be able to carry a gun on campus? It would be mandatory to be at least 21 and have a concealed carrying permit.
4. Gun-Free zones are a rule placed, that does not allow any fire arms on the campuses. They are almost all campuses around the country.The fact is that college gun-free zones have failed. Signs warning shooters that their murder weapons weren’t welcome didn’t stop perpetrators at Virginia Tech, Northern Illinois University or the University of Alabama.
5. A report but the FBI, showed that crime on campus is rising. Most violent crimes that occurred in the past 100 years have happened in just the past 20. There were 3,287 rapes, 60 killings, 5,026 assaults and 4,562 robberies across college campuses just in 2009.
6. The only problem is they have no way of enforcing this. They have found a way to enforce the gun free zones by taking your (the good guys) guns away but they have no way of stopping a gun men from shooting students and faculty.
7. 1. Gun free zones will NOT allow guns to be on campuses thus eliminating the threat.2. State Police Officers will arrive just in time to stop a gun man.3. College students are not mature enough to handle a weapon.
8. 1. Gun control only will stop the good guys who want to obey the law be un armed.2. Usually someone has to die or be shot for someone to realize that a gunman has a gun. Then it will take at least 5 minutes for a police man to show up.3. The permit to allow the carrying of guns would require a you be at least 21 and a concealed permit.
9. 1. Students would be allowed to protect themselves if a gunmen were to enter the campus.2. Rape and assaults are all to common on college campuses. You would be able to protect your self and others.3. It would make the shooters think twice about entering the campus.
10. Gun control only controls law abiding citizens.