On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Fabric & Garments Fault with its remediesPresentation Transcript
Prepared By : Mazadul Hasan sheshir
13th Batch (session 2009-2013)
Department : Wet Processing Technology
Blog : www. Textilelab.blogspot.com (visit)
Department Of Textile Engineering
I/A 251,252 Tejgaon Dhaka Bangladesh
Prepared By :
• Missing feeder of the yarn.
• Fly or dust contains.
• Properly yarn is passing to the feeder.
• Remove dust or Fly from the Air gun.
• Elasticity missing
• Breaking of Lycra yarn
• Too much tension on yarn
• Improper working of feeder
• Too high Lycra running in tension
• Replace the Lycra yarn where the Lycra Missing.
• Insure working of feeder.
• Uneven yarn.
• Yarn breakage to thin places.
• Use smooth yarn.
• Yarn repair to the thin place.
• Fly contamination to produce Fly Knit
• Fly is removing by the help of Sesser.
• Patta is creating by Machine parts fault.
• To repair the M/C parts.
Note: After Fabrications Patta can’t remove any process.
Uneven pretreatment (uneven scouring & bleaching).
• Improper color dosing.
• Using dyes of high fixation property.
• Uneven heat-setting in case of synthetic fibers.
• Lack of control on dyeing m/c
• By ensuring even pretreatment.
• By ensuring even heat-setting in case of synthetic fibers.
• Proper dosing of dyes and chemicals.
• Proper controlling of dyeing m/c
• MA SOAP Ne (.3 g/l) 900X30/ 2 time.
Batch to Batch Shade Variation:
• Fluctuation of Temperature.
• Improper dosing time of dyes & chemicals.
• Batch to batch weight variation of dyes and chemicals.
• Dyes lot variation.
• Improper reel speed, pump speed, liquor ratio.
• Improper pretreatment.
• Use standard dyes and chemicals.
• Maintain the same liquor ratio.
• Follow the standard pretreatment procedure.
• Maintain the same dyeing cycle.
• Identical dyeing procedure should be followed for the same depth of the Shade.
Poor opening of the fabric rope
• Shock cooling of synthetic material
• If pump pressure & reel speed is not equal
• Due to high speed m/c running
• Maintaining proper reel sped & pump speed.
• Lower rate rising and cooling the temperature
• Reducing the m/c load
• Higher liquor ratio
•Machine problem or folding.
•Folded the fabric after properly dryer.
Fabric is placed dirty place
•Contamination of dust.
•E2R + Lad quest + KRCP – 900 x 60’
• Fabric line don’t match.
• Cutting machine move un direction wise
• Fabric line must be match.
• Knife moves marking direction wise
• High temperature produced during cutting can fuse fabric
edges by melting.
• Use of anti-fusion (heat absorbent) paper.
• Spraying silicon lubricants on the blade.
• Less cutting speed.
• Reducing the height of the lay.
• Color spot
• Color shade
• Basic Shade
• Color missing
• Color Reject
• Un shade color
• Un complete print
• miss Print
• Printing screen block.
• Printing paste short.
• Clean the Printing Screen
• Printing paste is available on the printing screen
• Drying the printing paste
• Less amount paste give the on the fabric.
• Curing process is not properly use
• Sufficient paste is required on to the fabric.
• Curing process must be done
Less thread tension.
• Lying paper missing.
• Correct thread tension should be used.
• Lying paper properly used.
problem of stitch formation
• Thread is tearing due to stitch formation.
• Needle is broken due to stitch formation.
• Bonding the tearing thread due to proper stitch formation.
• Broken needle is changed.
• Very high or low tension stitch cause seam
• Very high twisted thread is used.
• Normal tension thread is used due to stitch
Name of garment defects/ Faults:
– Broken Buttons
– Broken stitching
– Defective snaps
– Different shades within the same garment
– Dropped stitches
– Exposed notches
– Exposed raw edges
– Fabric defects
– Inoperative zipper
– Loose sewing threads
– Misaligned buttons & holes
– Needle cuts
– Open seams
– Loose thread
– Unfinished buttonhole
– Zipper too short
• Yarn twist too high.
• Yarn quality is very poor.
• Bad combination between yarn twist & machine rotation direction.
• Control of yarn twist (yarn twist should never be above 700 try/m).
• Reduction of feeder number.
• Appropriate finishing reduces fabric spirality.
Different shades within the same garment:
• Uneven to batch missing shade.
• Different Batch mixing for same garment.
• One batch fabric shade is used for same garment
in every part.
• Shade is marking each part due to fabric cutting.
• Very stiff & dry yarn
• Improper cleaning
• Use a fabric fault detector.
• Air humidification
• Use of yarn having lower hairiness.
• INK, Food and drinks that are spilled on the garment
stain. are one of the most common ways clothing
• Shout Stain Solver is remove garment stain
Garments Finishing Faults:
• Dirty sport
• Iron spot
• Oil line
• Dye sport
• Unwanted marks on fabric
• Decolorized patch on fabric
• Pin holes
• Sanforize Pucker
• Water Spots
• Cuts or Nicks
• Seam Tears
• Loose Threads
• Folding Defects
Unwanted marks on fabric:
Oily stains with dust adhered to surface which
makes Unwanted marks on fabric
• Sun Shine water removes the unwanted mark
• Holes along selvage caused by pins holding fabric while it processes
through tenter frame.
• Major defect if pin holes extend into body of fabric far enough to be
visible in the finished product.
• Before fabric spreading hole part is remove from the cutting fabric.
• Frequently caused by the turning equipment used toreverse garments in
• Seam Stitch is again where place Seam Tears.
• Short fibre yarn create shrinkage problem on to the
• High twisted yarn/thread is the reason of shrinkage.
• Steam iron is used.
• Better quality yarn shrinkage problem reduce.
• Dirt, Dust & other impurities is the cause the dirty
• E2R + Ladiquest + KRCP – 900 x 60o
1 g/L 1 g/L 1 g/L
• Stitch drop, Size defect.
• Stitch open & new stitch is drop.
• Actual size is measured to new body.
• Garments Hole is the main reason of rejection.
• There is no remedy in garments rejection this garments is
The fabric & Garments fault is the common reason. This
problem is must be occurred during fabric & garments
processing. Then we try to remedies this problem in
various ways. But initially if we more carefully this
faults, and some step is taken to prevent this faults
then faults percentage is reduce.
We have done project work is very carefully with
successfully. Our Industry Every person is very
helpful & Positive attitude. We found the Fabric &
Garments fault with its remedies in every division.
This project work is very essential in our job life.
1. Yarn Manufacturing Technology
Link : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yarn-Manufacturing-Technology/485014954866808
2. Fabric Manufacturing Technology
Link : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fabric-Manufacturing-Technology/459520217425605
3. Garments Manufacturing Technology
Link : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Garments-Manufacturing-
3. Wet processing Technology
Link : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wet-Processing-Technology-Dyeing-/468645219825404
Link : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fashion-Design-and-
My Facebook Textile related Pages
http://www.textilelab.blogspot.com (Visit )