3. “It’s a teacher’s life!!”
4. Using visuals and images
Reasons for using visuals/images
What we can use
•Make learning more memorable
• Inspire and engage
• Scaffold learning
• Appeal to different learning styles
• Add interest to classroom tasks
• Provide input
• Student generated material
• Illustrate meaning
• Teacher generated material
• Increase STT
• The IWB/Board
• Provide learners’ with choices
5. Rainbow Grammar
•Helps learners’ visual/auditory
•Scaffolds question forms
•Adds engaging element to grammar
•Productive activity which can be
used with various simple tenses.
•Learners practise and improve
7. Throw the dice:
•1. Where are they? They’re in/at/..
•2. Who are they? They’re ….
•3. Why are they there? Because
they want/have/ need to …
•4. What are they doing? They’re v+
•5. When is it? It’s in summer/ the
•6.How are they feeling? They’re
happy, tired etc.
9. Adapting pictures to age group and level
10. Generating output
•Students in groups collaboratively interpret the pictures using dice.
•Spokesperson can report to class.
•Group write description of the pictures.
•Skills Practised: Speaking and Writing
•Consolidation of Interrogative pronouns- 6 ‘wh’ words- where, when,
what, who, why, how.
•Longer stretches of language encouraged
11. What is it? Speculating
12. Supporting with spinners
13. Photo Captions: LearnEnglish Teens
• Elicit adjectives- emotions, feelings
• What’s going to happen next?
• What happened to make this person feel this way?
• Write a short text.
14. Word Clouds: Unscrambling sentences
15. Word Clouds: Unscramble these 3 sentences
16. Using video
Torn Picture: :
Information Gap exercise
Students can choose pictures from
There is/There are
I can see
18. Useful websites for visual resources
http://storybird.com/: Teachers can create stories on line using beautiful artwork from the
http://www.tagxedo.com/ : Word clouds which can be given specific shapes.
http://www.glogster.com/: Interactive glogs. Teachers can add music, photos, youtube
http://www.thinglink.com/: Teachers can upload photos and amke them interactive by
adding information, videos, music etc.
19. Thank you!
British Council, Palma
C/Arxiduc Lluís Salvador ,1- 4º
T 971 762277