1. Water Pollutioncaused by Toxic Substances By: Team 4
2. What are toxic wastes?
3. Water Pollution Water pollution, by the discharge of wastewater from commercialand industrial waste (intentionally or through spills) into surface waters; discharges of untreated domestic sewage, and chemicalcontaminants, such as chlorine, from treated sewage;
4. Water Pollutionrelease of waste and contaminants intosurface runoff flowing to surface waters (including urban runoff andagricultural runoff, which may contain chemical fertilizers and pesticides); waste disposal and leaching into groundwater; eutrophication and littering.
5. Other source of water pollution
6. Pollution causes a lot of plant and animal deaths in the ocean.In addition to boat pollution, other things that cause water pollution are agriculture (like pesticide run-off), land clearing, and people that pollute the environment without thinking about what harm it can do to animals and humans.
7. • Conserve water by turning off the tap when running water is not necessary. This helps prevent water shortages and reduces the amount of contaminated water that needs treatment.• Be careful about what you throw down your sink or toilet. Don’t throw paints, oils or other forms of litter down the drain.
8. •Use environmentally household products, such as washing powder, household cleaning agents and toiletries.•Take great care not to overuse pesticides and fertilizers. This will prevent runoffs of the material into nearby water sources.
9. • By having more plants in your garden you are preventing fertilizer, pesticides and contaminated water from running off into nearby water sources.• Don’t throw litter into rivers, lakes or oceans. Help clean up any litter you see on beaches or in rivers and lakes, make sure it is safe to collect the litter and put it in a nearby dustbin.