Other Features of Discovery Education A quick, easy, guide to
downloading and playing
videos that will enrich your
lessons and inspire your
• Video clips in Discovery Education have been cross-
referenced to teaching standards for all states with a quick
tool for access.
• Lessons, pre-made quizzes, puzzle-maker, professional
development options, interactive training, online webinars,
teaching tips and online help are just a few of the features
that helped us decide to subscribe to Discovery Education.
• Please share your ideas and tips with us for future
This guide created by:
Lincoln School LLC
River Forest, IL 60305
User Name: _________________ Password: __________________
Four Easy Tips for Using Downloading a Video
in Your Classroom When you download a video or video segment, you
are saving a copy on your computer for future
Discovery Education, formerly United Streaming, is a wonderful access. Here’s how:
tool for enhancing your lessons and engaging your students. 1. Right-click (or Control-click) on the Download icon
Following these simple directions, you will be able to quickly next to the video segment and select “Download
and easily access the wonderful resources we have available Linked File” or “Save Target As”.
through Discovery Education. 2. Designate the location to a folder you have already
set up on your desktop.
Conducting a Basic Search 3. Save the ﬁle.
1. Begin by typing a keyword into the search box.
2. Narrow your results by Media Type, or Grade Level.
3. Click on the resource that best ﬁts your needs for a Embedding a Video in a Power Point
When you embed a downloaded video segment, you
are inserting it right into your document.
Streaming a Video
1. Download a video segment to a designated folder.
2. Create a new PowerPoint document and save it to
Streaming refers to playing a video directly from the same folder.
the website. To do this: 3. In PowerPoint, go to “Insert”> “Movies and
1. Choose your Media Settings Sounds”> “Movie from File.”
• Media Type: Quick time for Mac, Windows Media Player for 4. Select the downloaded video from the menu.
5. Click “OK”
• Embedded in Web Browser=plays right on the page
6. To test your video, go to “Slide Show”> “View
• Stand-Alone Application=opens in a new window
Show.” Click on the movie to begin.
2. Click the play button. Simple!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.