What we do:
• We promote your brand based on CPA increases / exclusive codes or offers
• Or ideally – a combination of all!
Benefits of Cashback and Vouchers
• Immediate effect on sales
• Grow revenue from existing / focus on new customers
• Target your promotions to a brand, segment, product
range or product
• AOV tends to be higher through this channel
• Raising awareness - massive audiences now
• Active communities - social media power (i.e.
Moneysaving Expert, HotUk Deals, Facebook and
Merchants who work successfully with sites like ours...
• Engage with us (meet, host affiliate
days, attend industry events)
• Understand what makes a genuinely
strong cashback / code offer
• Use Exclusives and synergise with
Sales to create a Buzz
• Communicate, Report, Feedback.
• Incentivise us to hit targets
• Use us to sell even more of what you
• Set simple clear offers. Avoid
• Optimise their Quidco page with free
delivery and sales offers even outside
of promo periods
Planning your promotions
• What do you want to achieve? Use this to set targets
• Plan in advance 2-6 weeks in advance.... not on a Friday arvo
• Plan during a peak time for what you are selling
• Tie in with our theme calendar
• Emails: Find out when emails are sent. Should you launch promotion then
• What’s the busiest day for you? Should you start / end promotion on that day
• How long should your promotion last? A week? 24 hours? throughout your
• Ask your publishers advice
Things to be aware of
• Brand protection – work with publishers who appreciate your
• All your offers are public when live so competitors can respond
with campaigns, faster and better.
• Be aware of loop holes - some infamous stories! But can also be of
benefit when used for the right reasons.
• Quality vs Quantity
• Abuse - but there are prevention methods you should have in
• Do vouchers and cashback offer me incremental value?
Case Studies - New Brand and new to Quidco
• New Wine merchant
• New Brand to the market
• Came in with a strong offer, invested in the site, regular promotions
• Great growth in sales.
Case Study - Well established merchant
• Experimented with increasing rates and increasing exposure.
• Social media had a huge effect here. (HotUK deals, Moneysaving expert)
• Focused on grabbing market share.
Case Study - Positive Loop hole
• Purposely created loop hole
• Created an offer of “free product” or “money generating” purchase
• Seeded out through communities, spread fast and achieved ambitious targets
• Quantity vs Quality
Case Study – Exclusive and Extra Incentive
• High CPA merchant
• Limit to the amount of cashback merchant wishes to offer
• Used Quidco exclusively in the 2nd
• 22% increase in daily sales in the 2nd
period even though cashback was £5 less
• Room in CPA to incentivise Quidco