Four Business Cases for Web 2.0 in the Enterprise(Enterprise 2.0) …plus one compelling question: Why bother? Shawn Grubb http://bloomport.com
4 Use cases for Web 2.0 1 Broadcast 2 Scale 3 Connect 4 Community 5 So what?
1. Broadcast: Get the message out Adv: Lower cost of information Feedback loop from the troops More frequent Direction/perspective “keeping the main thing the main thing” How: Blog, Polling, YouTube, Commenting
2. Scale: Spread the good ideas Adv: Transparency Lower transaction costs ID redundancies Single source of the truth How: Success stories Standardized reporting A Report B Report C Report C1 C2 C3 D Report ?!?
3. Connect: Solve issues within the enterprise Adv: Leverage people Solve tough problems quickly How: Ask an expert Discussion groups “If we only knew… ……..what we know”
4. Community: tbd?!? Adv: FAST connections Build “sense of community How: PeopleConnect - Wiki I am passionate about XYZ!!! Us too!!!
Magnitude of Culture Change 1. 3. 2. 4. 0. Connect Community Scale Broadcast Web 2015 = 45% 2020 = 60% Smaller Change Bigger Change
5. The “Kids” are coming I In case you missed it, look at how MANY “kids” there will be compared to the other Generations!
5. The obvious question: …no one is asking Why bother pushing Web 2.0? By 2020 (nine short years) the workforce will be plugged in like never before. What is the advantage of forcing the culture change on people resisting it today (Boomers) when the tidal wave is going to come in 5-10 years anyway?!? The way we work is going to change!