2. What is a PLN? PLN stands for Personal Learning Network A Personal Learning Network provides us the venue to share knowledge, ideas and questions we have about our field (CIO Corner blog - http://cio-corner.blogspot.com)
3. Over the course of 2009, PLNs have become part of many teachers lives with the use of tools like Twitter, Ning, You Tube, Diigo, Delicious, Skype and so on
4. “ All knowledge development did not stop the day you got your degree. You need to know it to teach it.” Tom Whitby - creator of the Educator’s PLN Ning
5. “ I have not met most of you outside of this blog, Twitter, Skype, nings…. However, I feel very close to many of you. You share the same passions and goals as I do. You give me advice and offer me support when I have been emotionally and mentally knocked down….You continuously inspire me to be a better person and educator.” Shelly Terrell – Teacher Reboot Camp
8. It’s like a 24 hour staffroom Twitter keeps you sharp , informed resourceful By keeping me up-to-date with all the newest methods and ideas Helps me collaborates with great minds from all over the world Twitter for teachers is better networking, learning from each other, picking up new ideas from each other, sharing…
12. What is Ning? Ning is a platform for creating your own social network. With Ning, your social network can be for anything and anyone.
21. So go out and find the PLN environment that fits your needs. Be it Twitter, a Ning Group, Facebook or whatever the S/N platform - as long you share with others, your knowledge base will continue to grow. (CIO Corner blog - http://cio-corner.blogspot.com)
22. Thank you for listening slides and references on my blog shaunwilden.com