1. Open Google Drive• Go to google.co.nz• Click Sign in• Type in your email• Type in your password• Click Sign In• Click Drive
2. Google DriveMy Drive• This is where all the files are that you have madeShared with me• This is where all the files are that have been shared with youStarred• Stores the files that you have starredRecent
3. Google DriveClick on MoreActivityTrash• See what you have trashedOwner, type, more• View by type of file or select the type of file and a list of those files will appearDownload Google Drive• Download all your Google Docs to your hardrive
4. Create New DocumentStart at Google Drive Home page• Click on Create• Choose Document• Click on Untitled document and type a name for your file• Click OK Click on the page to type Note: the pages will save automatically every few seconds or so
5. Set the default page size• Go to File- Page Setup• Change your margins• Change your Paper Size• Click on ‘Set as default’
6. Add a Picture• Go to Insert –Picture or click on the Picture button• Click on Choose an Image to upload• Click Open and then upload• Resize by clicking and dragging on the corners• Right click on picture to hyperlink to a website
7. Fixed position and inline• Default…the picture will fit on the page in an ‘inline with text’ position• If you would like to move the picture around then select ‘Fixed position’
8. Add a Webcam picture• Go to Insert –Picture or click on the Picture button• Click on Take a Snapshot• Click Allow and Close• Click on Take Snapshot• Take a few and then select the one you want to use and click Select• Resize by clicking and dragging on the corners
9. Add a Picture from Google• Click on the picture• Click on Full Size image• Click on URL, highlight and copy• Go back to Google Doc, click on Insert Picture• Click on By URL• Paste into URL box, click Select
10. Add a Picture from your albumIf you have a blog and you have uploaded photos to it then you have access to them• Click on Insert a picture• Click on a folder of photos• Click on the picture you will use and then click Select
11. Add a Picture from your Drive If you have downloaded Google Drive to your computer, you can add your photos by clicking and dragging the folder of photos onto the Google Drive folder.• Click on Insert a picture• Click on Google Drive• Click on My Drive• Click on the picture you will use and then click Select
12. Add a Picture using Research One of the new features of Google is the Reference tool. Go to Tools - Research• Type in the research term• Click on the scroll arrow to see more graphics• Click and drag the picture of your choice onto the Google Doc
13. Hyperlink a Picture• Click on the picture• Right-click on the picture• Click on Link• Paste in the Internet address that the photo will link to
14. Hyperlink to a Website• Hyperlink to websites by highlighting text and then clicking on the Hyperlink button• Paste in the address, click OK Quick tip: Paste the internet address straight onto the page and press the Space bar after. The link will be highlighted.
15. Hyperlink to an email• Hyperlink to email addresses by highlighting text and then clicking on the Hyperlink button• Type in the email, click OK Quick tip: Paste the email address straight onto the page and press the Space bar after. The link will be highlighted.
16. Insert a Bookmark• A Bookmark is a pointer that you can hyperlink to• Before you hyperlink, click on where the bookmark will go in a document• Go to Insert Bookmark, repeat for other ‘Bookmarks’• Link to the Bookmark by highlighting text (to hyperlink) or photos, click on the Hyperlink button and choose Bookmark• Select the Bookmark Click OK
17. Research Tool• Go to Tools – Research• Type in Research wordTo add a picture• Click and drag the picture of your choice onto the Google DocSee a Preview• Click on Preview to see a preview of the webpageInsert a Link• Inserts a hyperlinked link on your DocCite• Inserts a footnote citing the website
19. Features• Save a copy of a file by going to File – Make a Copy, you can make copies of files that other people have allowed you access to• Look at previous versions by going to File – See Revision History
20. Features• Download a Google Doc to your computer• Go to File – Download as• Choose a setting• You will be asked if you would like to Save the file or Open with…
21. Printing• Go to File – Page Setup to set your printing options• If you want Page numbers to show then press cancel and go to Insert page number (choose from Top of page or bottom of page)• Go to File – Print• Click Print, check the settings and then click Print
22. Insert drawing• Go to Insert – Drawing• Use the Drawing tools to create graphics• Use the Shape tools to create mindmaps or flow charts• Add text or pictures by clicking on the Click Save and Close when finished text button or picture button
23. Adding Comments• Highlight the text• Go to Insert – Comment• Type and click Comment• Add to discussion, click on the comment. add new post, click Reply• Others can add to the comments by following the above instruction• The discussion can be resolved and removed from the page but can still be accessed through the Comments button
24. Adding Comments• The discussion can be resolved and removed from the page by clicking on the comment and selecting Resolve• It can still be accessed through the Comments button and selecting ‘Show Comment Stream’• You can read the comment or you can choose to reopen the comment stream
25. Adding Footnotes• Click at the end of the word that the Footnote refers to• Go to Insert – Footnote• Type in the Footnote (you are take to the bottom of the page• When you return to the top of the page there will be a number after the word you last clicked on relating to the footnote• If you want to delete a footnote, delete text in the usual way
26. Insert Special Characters• Click where you would like the symbol to go• Go to Insert – Special Characters• Click on a character• Click on OK
27. Insert Horizontal Line• Click where you would like the line to go• Go to Insert –Horizontal Line• It will appear Insert Page Break for Printing• Click where you would like to insert the page break• Go to Insert – Page Break PaginatedDefault view is paginated, go to View –Document view – Compact if you would likeYour document to flow
28. Add a Header and a Footer• Go to Insert – Header or Insert - Footer• Type in a heading, change fonts, styles, size and colour, insert symbols or pictures
29. Add Table of Contents• Make headings in your document by highlighting the text that is going to be a heading• Go to Normal Text dropdown menu and select one of the heading formats (repeat for all headings)• Click where the Table of Contents will go• Go to Insert – Table of Contents• The Table of Contents will appear• If you add more headings click on the refresh button to add more headings
30. Extras• Translate the document into another language• Go to Tools – Translate Document• Choose a Language from the dropdown menu• Click OK• You will return to a copy of the document and it will be fully translated
31. Extras• Find a definition of a word• Highlight the word• Go to Tools – Define• The definition will appear • Find word count of your document • Go to Tools – Word Count • The Word Count will appear
32. Tables• Insert a Table by going to Table – Insert Table• Click and drag to select number of cells• Type in cells
33. Format TablesBorder Colours• Click in a cell• Go to Table –Table Properties• Under Table Border select a colour and line width, click OKCell Colours• Highlight the cells to be coloured• Go to Table – Table Properties• Click on Cell Background Colour, select a colour• Click on OK
34. Format TablesCell Dimension• Click in a cell or highlight columns or rows• Go to Table – Table Properties• Set desired Column width by typing in a number• Set desired row height by typing in a number• Click OK
35. More with tables• Insert pictures• Click in a cell, click on Insert Image• Click on Choose File, find a picture, click Open, then click OK• The picture will be in the table• You may need to resize the picture
36. Add, delete rows or columns• Click in a cell• Go to Table and select
37. Upload Files Start at Google Docs Home pageClick the Upload button.Click on Files or FolderIf you are using a browser other than Chrome then…To load a folder you will need to do the following(Click on Enable folder upload)You may get this messageInstall the applet asinstructed
38. Upload Files Start at Google Docs Home pageClick the Upload button.Click on FilesClick Open. Click on the file name when upload is finished, click on the file name to view.
39. More extrasChange your View• Click View - Compact Controls• This will give you more space to edit with• Go back to View – Compact Controls to revert to original view
40. ShareYou can share documents with others• Click on the Share button• Type in the email addresses of the recipients or click on choose from Contacts (see more about this on next slide)• Click Share and Save• Click Done
41. ShareYou can share documents with others andsend as a group• Click on the Share button• Click in the Add People click on Choose from Contacts Click on Search and start typing a name, click on it if it is the right name continue until you have all the names you require. If you want to make them a new group then click on Save For more as Group. choices see Click Done. Click and Share and Save. Click following slides. Done.
42. ShareYou can share documents with others andsend as a group• Click on the Share button• Click in the Add People click on Choose from Contacts Click on a group Click on All next to Select. If you want to make them a new group then click on Save as Group. Click Done. Click and Share and Save. Click Done.
43. Publish and EmbedEmbed your documents into a Wiki orBlog• Go to File – Publish to the Web• Click on Start Publishing• Click OK
44. Publish and EmbedEmbed your documents into a Wiki or Blog• You can copy the link to send to others so that they can access the documentOR• Copy the embed code to embed into wikis and blogs• Click Close
45. Embed Doc in Wiki• Click on the Edit button in your Wiki• Click on the Widget button in the toolbar and then Other• Paste the code in• You might have to add a little bit extra code to set the size of the Google Doc
46. Embed Doc in Blog• Click on the HTML button in your blog• Click where the Doc is going to go• Paste the code in• You might have to add a little bit extra code to set the size of the Google Doc
47. Organise files and folders• Click on Create• Click on Folder• Type in a name and click OK If you are already clicked on a folder, this new folder will go in it.
48. Organise files and folders There are 2 ways to organise your files1. • Select one or more files • Click on the Folder icon • Select which folder the files will go into2. • The second method is to drag the files onto the folders
49. Share folders• Click on a folder and then click on the arrow at the end of the folder• Click on Share and Share again• Type in the email addresses of the recipients or click on choose from Contacts• Click Done