1. East Brunswick Girls Soccer Senior Night 2011 <ul><li>East Brunswick Bears </li></ul><ul><li>VS. </li></ul><ul><li>J.P. Stevens </li></ul><ul><li>Thursday, October 6, 2011 </li></ul>
2. East Brunswick Girls Soccer 2011-2012 Thanks to Coach Lomicky, Coach Barbato, Coach Brady & Coach Merrigan And to Mr. Noppenberger and Mr. Hossler!
3. East Brunswick Bears Varsity Seniors Seniors Taylor Cioffi Rachel Cordasco Cristina Estremera Connie Fiocco Gabby Fudali Ashley Gomola Jillian Lawnick Angela Marrone Kelly Morrison Michelle Mule’ Kaitlin Potkulski
4. East Brunswick Bears Juniors Angelica Berrio Kayla Evans Erica Kent Ingrid Lawnick Heather Luster Courtney Miklos Natasha Ntone Kouo Florence Ogalo Nicole Reisert Carissa Smith Karen Spehalski Julia Wescott
5. East Brunswick Bears Sophmores Gillian Blewett Gabriella Diliberto Devon Himelman Kayla Kennedy Marissa Lang Ronnie Luftig Caitlin Mosier Gabrielle Sachs
6. East Brunswick Bears Freshman Gabi Benzilio Breanna Carbone Emily Chimento Laura Chwatel Ashley Ferreira Kaitlyn Fox Alex Kalafor Carla LaRocca Margaret Lee Amanda Leon Catherine McCulley Johanna Moskovich Giana Nguyen-Demary Lauren Ortado Sydney Rosa Katelyn Roughan Stephanie Schwailik Dayna Sclafani Julia Simoes Srinidhi Sudhir Carly Torrado Daniella Toto Angelea Villalona Amanda Wortham Amina Zoner
7. Seniors 2011 - 2012 WISHING YOU THE VERY BEST IN THE FUTURE!
8. Seniors 2011-2012 <ul><li>Taylor Cioffi </li></ul><ul><li>#24 Manager </li></ul><ul><li>Parents : Michael & Michele </li></ul><ul><li> Rachel Cordasco </li></ul><ul><li>#4 Defender </li></ul><ul><li>Parents : Matthew & Adele </li></ul>When I was younger I remember coming to East Brunswick Soccer games and desperately awaiting the day to be a part of the high school team. Like most kids who grow up in East Brunswick, I started playing soccer from the second I was able to kick a soccer ball and haven’t stopped since. Soccer has taught me the rewards of hard work and perseverance as well as the friendships that are found within teammates. I would like to thank all my travel coaches who have taught me not just the technical and tactical skills involved in soccer, but also the heart and desire that accompanies the sport. Also, thank you to the tireless high school coaching staff that selflessly dedicates a tremendous amount of time into making our team successful. And of course, I owe a huge thank you to my parents who have constantly supported me as a player and as a person. Good luck to both the underclassmen and seniors in the future. At the age of five, I began to play soccer on the recreational team, Superstars. From there, I continued to play with EBSC on the travel team, The Crystals. Jim Marrone and Pino continued to coach and train the same group of girls for several years. I have to thank both of them for teaching me so much and developing me into the player that I became later. After playing on East Brunswick for many years, I switched teams to the Jersey Knights Mystic. Mike Kizoulis is the coach that brought me back completely after my first surgery. I appreciate all of the time and patience he had with me throughout the process of getting me better. Thank you Coach Brady and Coach Merrigan for keeping my spirits high during my injuries and for always including me, even when I was not able to play. Thank You girls for making my Senior year memorable, I am so glad I stayed part of the team. Good Luck to all of my seniors, I will miss you all!
9. Seniors 2011-2012 <ul><li>Cristina Estremera </li></ul><ul><li>#14 Midfield </li></ul><ul><li>Parents : Miguel & Norma </li></ul><ul><li> Connie Fiocco </li></ul><ul><li>#11 Forward </li></ul><ul><li>Parents : Robert & Susan </li></ul>My parents tell me that I learned how to walk by kicking a soccer ball. For as far as I can remember, I have always loved the game of soccer. At the age of four, my parents signed me up for the East Brunswick SuperStars. I learned the basic fundamentals here up until the age of 7. I was ready for the challenge and took the initiative to try out for the local travel soccer team. Little did I know, the East Brunswick Hurricanes would be the team that I played on for the rest of my soccer career. As players came and went from the team, I remained dedicated to the Hurricanes. I have made many friends on this team throughout the years and we have so many memories. I would like to thank Jim Kinard, my coach, for supporting me and always having confidence in my play. Another significant coach in my life was Mr. Merrigan. He has never doubted me or my ability to play soccer. He has given me advice in times of need and I will never forget him and his devotion to the team. Good Luck to all the seniors, to Brady and his future Varsity teams, and to the underclassmen in school and sports. Never give up, no matter what the circumstances, and always strive to be your best in everything you do. Soccer has always been a passion of mine. I started playing when I was five years old for the East Brunswick Hurricanes, where I met Erica, Connie, Nicole, and Heather. From there I went on to play for PDA, NJ Elite, and Jersey United, where I traveled across the country and played competitively with some great players. High School soccer has been one of the best experiences of my life. Thank you to Coach Brady, Coach Merrigan, Coach Barbato, and all of my teammates for making my four years of high school soccer unforgettable. I’d also like to thank my parents for sacrificing everything to get me to all my games and practices. If it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be the player I am today. Good luck to all of the seniors next year in college and all the underclassmen in their future years of high school soccer. Go Bears!
10. Seniors 2011-2012 Soccer has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Since the age of 5 I've played many sports but it's no surprise that soccer has been the one sport I've played forever. Starting off with the East Brunswick Hurricanes then playing with the CNJS Silver Bullets, the Penninsula Flying Eagles, and the High School team, soccer has taught me many lessons as an athlete and a person. I'd like to thank Coach Corrado Carbone and Ken Massur for teaching me everything I know and giving me some of the greatest experiences of my life. I would also like to thank Coach Barbato, Merrigan, and Brady for allowing me to be apart of one of the best soccer programs in the state for the past four years. But most of all i would also like to thank my teammates. I could not imagine playing my last season with any other group of girls, and I wish the best of luck to all the underclassmen next year. Go Bears! Jillian Lawnick #13 Midfielder Parents : Karl & Mariola My journey as a soccer player began when I was just five years-old on the white Superstars youth team. Later on, I naturally followed with a few memorable years of pure fun playing soccer on several different recreational teams guided by great coaches as well. As my talent for the sport flourished, I decided it was time to put my talent to the test by trying out for the travel team. My first year of travel club soccer, I was coached by Rich Amen and Bob McNeil along with a dozen other developing soccer players on the East Brunswick Bulldogs team. As my skills improved, I changed teams and played for the East Brunswick Crystals, where I found myself amongst many other talented girls whom I gladly befriended. The Crystals were coached by an inspiring Jim Marrone and trained by a skillful Pino. Unfortunately, after a few amazing years with such gifted players, the team eventually broke up. A couple of former players from the Crystals and I had went back to play for the Bulldogs who I currently play for during the spring season. All the years of knowledgeable coaching and serious hard work and concentration at practices have equally contributed in preparation for my high school soccer career. Thank you to all of my coaches for guiding me to be the best athlete that I could aspire to be! Go Bears! Gabby Fudali #16 Defender Parents : Harold & Lisa
11. Seniors 2011-2012 <ul><li>Ashley Gomola </li></ul><ul><li># 00 Goalie </li></ul><ul><li>Parents: Kevin & Julia </li></ul>Soccer has been a part of me for a very long time. I started on the East Brunswick recreation team when I was about 5 years old. Several years later I progressed to the East Brunswick travel team the Bulldogs. I’ve been on the travel team ever since. The team has become more than just a team it has become a family. Being a goalie was not part of my original plans, but circumstances that I had no say in redirected my path from defender and into a goalie. Needless to say I was not happy about this decision . With a lot of encouragement from friends and family in conjunction with my height and my fearlessness of the game, I ended up liking the position as goalkeeper. With a lot of practice and several minor injuries I became the starting goalie on my travel team. As high school approached the reputation of the East Brunswick Lady Bears was something I had always admired and strived to be a part of . I am and will always be proud to say that I have been a part of the East Brunswick Girls soccer team. I carry with me a lifetime of memories to continue my journey in life.
12. Seniors 2011-2012 <ul><li>Kelly Morrison </li></ul><ul><li>#3 Defender </li></ul><ul><li>Parents : Drew & Pat </li></ul> Angela Marrone #23 Midfield/Forward Parents : Jim & Mona Since age five, soccer has always had a major influence on my life. Superstars and recreational soccer eventually lead me to the East Brunswick Crystals, the team that began not only long lasting friendships but also my love for soccer. My passion grew and I went on to play for Freehold Club Soccer, on a team that has helped me become a better player. When the season would end for Freehold, I was always excited to begin high school soccer. Coach Brady and Coach Merrigan have been both inspirational and supportive all four of my high school years and I thank them for the time and effort they put in for our team. I would also like to thank my two amazing coaches, my father, Jim Marrone, and my trainer, Manuel Pino. They both have taught me everything that I know about the game, and I could not be more appreciative. Thanks to my mom, who is always there for me, and my teammates. Soccer would not be the same without my best friends on the field next to me. I’ve been playing soccer for as long as I can remember and it is the only sport that I haven’t given up on. I met all of my closest friends when we were on the East Brunswick Crystals. I’d like to thank Jim Marrone and Mr. Pino for coaching me and really developing me into the player I am today. Unfortunately, our East Brunswick team broke up when we were about 13. Angela, Kaitlin, and myself joined the Freehold Shooting Stars, where we are finishing out our final season this spring. Being on a much more competitive team, I was able to experience playing at a different level going into the high school. My senior year has definitely been the best year for me, thanks to coach Brady, Barbato, and Merrigan for everything. Best of luck to the upcoming seniors next year!
13. Seniors 2011-2012 <ul><li>Kaitlin Potkulski </li></ul><ul><li>#18 Midfielder </li></ul><ul><li>Parents: Greg & Sandy </li></ul> Michelle Mule’ #21 Midfielder Parents : Ray & Cathy When I was just five years old, I began my journey as a soccer player. I was on the Superstars with all of my friends that I still play with to this day. As I grew up I switched from recreational soccer to a travel team for the EBSC. My travel team, the East Brunswick Crystals, led me to not only a new group of friends, but a family. With my inspiring coaches, Jim Marrone, my Dad, and my trainer, Manuel Pino, I became the soccer player that I’ve always wanted to be. As I traveled from the Crystals to the Bulldogs, I made very strong bonds with the people I am still friends with today. All of my coaches improved my skills enough for me to begin playing for the high school team. I have come very far in my high school soccer career thanks to all of my teammates, family, and friends that have supported me on my journey. I would also like to thank Coach Barbado, Coach Merrigan, and Coach Brady for a very memorable four years of coaching and supporting me. I am also very grateful that my mom has supported me through all of these years making it to almost all of my games. Soccer has made me who I am today. Thank you to all of my coaches and good luck to the upcoming seniors! When I was a little kid I think my parents had me playing every sport possible from cheerleading to softball. I started playing soccer 12 years ago and it has had a huge impact on the person I've become. I'd like to thank Jim Marrone for coaching me since I was a little girl on the Crystals. I then moved on to play for the Freehold Shooting Stars with Kelly and Angela. Angela being one of the coolest girls I know. I wouldn't still be playing today if weren't for my parents/step-parents constant support, and my #1 fan , my mam mam. Thank you Coach Brady, Coach Merrigan, and Coach Barbato for shaping me into the player I am today. I made amazing friends and shared many memories over these short four years that I will never forget. I wish the best of luck to all of the other seniors& lastly GO BEARS!!!!(:
14. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! <ul><li>Julian Richens-Player's Edge Soccer Camp </li></ul><ul><li>Green Construction </li></ul><ul><li>Alfonso’s Family Trattoria </li></ul><ul><li>Susan P. Callahan, Esq.,LLC </li></ul><ul><li>Gusto Grill </li></ul><ul><li>Gail Miklos – Kuker & Kessler </li></ul><ul><li>D. Ruocco Jewelers </li></ul><ul><li>St Peter’s University Hospital </li></ul><ul><li>Tung Hsing House </li></ul><ul><li>Vic’s Auto Parts & Service </li></ul><ul><li>Thank you to all of the parents who </li></ul><ul><li>have donated their time to the </li></ul><ul><li>Lady Bears Soccer team this season. </li></ul><ul><li>It is greatly appreciated ! </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul>