1. What Do We Throw Away? What Do We Keep? ABEL Summer Institute August 22-24, 2011 Dean Shareski
2. What Do We Throw Away? What Do We Keep? ABEL Summer Institute August 22-24, 2011 Dean Shareskihttp://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/sveinhal/2488796267
3. This is me
4. Dean Shareski @email@example.com shareski.ca
6. “If you’re comfortable with education today, you’re not paying attention” Will Richardson http://weblogg-ed.comhttp://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/shutterstops/3680991911/
13. “People seem to get nostalgic abouta lot of things they werent so crazyabout the ﬁrst time around.” ~Author Unknown http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/ﬂossmoorhistory/3642378152
14. A LOVEof Embracing CHANGEhttp://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/joi/3792028836
15. What Do We Keep and What Do We Throw Away?
16. 4 to ditch + 2 to keep = 6
17. From Teachers to
19. “If you think our future will require betterschools, youre wrong. The future of educationcalls for entirely new kinds of learningenvironments.If you think we will need better teachers, yourewrong.” http://www.futureofed.org/
20. “Tomorrow’s learnerswill need guides who take onfundamentally different roles.” http://www.futureofed.org/
21. fundamentally different roles http://www.futureofed.org/
22. The Learner The Coach The ConnectorThe Collector The Agitator The Theorizer Tech Support The SharerThe Curator The Moderator The EvaluatorThe Alchemist The Critic The BureaucratThe Salesperson The Lecturer The DesignerThe Convener The Demonstrator The MentorThe Coordinator http://huff.to/qp7kb8
23. The Coach The ConnectorThe Collector The Agitator The Theorizer Tech Support The SharerThe CuratorThe Alchemist The Learner The Moderator The The Evaluator Bureaucrat The CriticThe Salesperson The Lecturer The DesignerThe Convener The Demonstrator The MentorThe Coordinator http://huff.to/qp7kb8
24. The ConnectorThe Learner The Coach The TheorizerThe Collector The Agitator The SharerThe Curator Tech Support The Evaluator The Moderator The BureaucratThe Alchemist The Critic The DesignerThe Salesperson The Lecturer The Demonstrator The MentorThe ConvenerThe Coordinator http://huff.to/qp7kb8
25. The Learner The Coach The TheorizerThe Collector The AgitatorThe Curator Tech Support The Evaluator The ModeratorThe SharerThe Alchemist The Connector The Critic The The Bureaucrat DesignerThe Salesperson The Lecturer The Demonstrator The MentorThe ConvenerThe Coordinator http://huff.to/qp7kb8
26. What current or past roles would yousuggest we eliminate? #abel11 http://todaysmeet.com/abel11
49. http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/samwebster/3795409752/ http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/cristic/359572656What’s so good about face to face?
50. Homework at School
51. http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/patjmoore/3336220827/What’s so good about face to face?
52. How did you contribute to the learning of others? http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/torres21/2447368181/What did you learn from others?
53. From Text to
54. RICH MEDIA
55. Reading and Writing is not Enough http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/56188788@N00/381984114/
56. The greatest digital divide is between those who can read and write with media, and those who cant. Elizabeth Dalycc licensed flickr photo by jayRaz: http://flickr.com/photos/shnakepup/2935979173/ 54
57. ...the professional language of the future http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/mattimattila/4306412944/ NY times