Is SharePoint 2010 the panacea to the shortcomings & difficulties we had with SharePoint 2007? By Randy Perkins
- 1,875 views
After years of struggling with Lotus Notes and Office 2003, in 2007 a document centric organisation decided to deploy SharePoint 2007 and Office 2007. Their hope:...
After years of struggling with Lotus Notes and Office 2003, in 2007 a document centric organisation decided to deploy SharePoint 2007 and Office 2007. Their hope:
• To standardise office templates
• create and deploy over 20 content types (across multiple site collections)
• use workflow to automate document reviews and approval process
• ensure that metadata was adhered to
• provide an enterprise search platform to staff
This presentation explains the real life difficulties and successes they had. For example should they develop custom code or buy third party products to cover the functionality gap? Should they spend money on automating tasks or let the users continue doing some tasks manually? But ultimately the aim is to answer if SharePoint 2010 is panacea to their SharePoint 2007 difficulties?
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views