1. I am Shane Kloepfer. I am earning my degree in Business Management. I plan to enter my family’s Ready Mix andAsphalt Paving Business. There I will train to become one of the managers within the company. I am certified in testing aggregate and I am certified in testing concrete. I have my CDL (Commercial Driver’s License), and I understand little slices of the whole company. I am getting the tools oreducation I need in college, and also I have had opportunity to get experience working within the company in between semesters.
2. What matters most to me andwhy? Two most important people God Jesus Christ Membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- day Saints Family Principles Faith Humility Hard work
3. What does disciple leadership mean to me and whatam I doing to become a disciple Leader? Disciple One that follows Christ and His Teaching’s Leader One that helps others become their best self One that leads by example Disciple Leader One that follows Christ and His teachings and helps others do the same
4. My three most substantial accomplishments andwhy do I view them as such? Being part of my family Being oldest I have lead by example Getting a good education Earn the tools that I need to be successful Better able to provide for my family Help become like my Savior Serving worthy full time mission Helped convert me Learned to be less selfish Learn how to work with a variety of people Taught how to be a leader and work hard
5. Why do I want to study business and why atBYU-Idaho? Attend BYU-Idaho Great atmosphere Experienced Professors Great Business program Studying Business I want to be able go into my family’s business I want to have the knowledge to gain the tools to know how to run a business
6. Take Away from Mentors Get a good education Learn from those who have knowledge and experience Make sure you provide a good product and service Be a well rounded person, know a little about everything within the company You have to be willing to put in the time and work hard
7. Career Leader My weakest interests are the most important interests to me Influencing others Managing people Teams and enterprise control
8. Return Because I have applied these things throughout my life I want to hear “Well done, thou good and faithful servant… enter thou into the joy of thy Lord”.