Networking and Building Your Brand Online and Offline
Building Your Brand
1 : to make social; especially : to fit or train for a
social environment <socialize people>
2 : to equip you and your organization to
capitalize on social media, driving
engagement, brand and profits <socialize
Conscious of my
“There’s no such thing as business ethics…
either you’re ethical or you’re not”
- John Maxwell
1. Don’t forget where you came from
2. Find awesome mentors
3. Be yourself
4. Share as a discipline
6. Be Social and be Sociable!
You are networking or you are not
perusing your dream or building you
1. Be referable don’t gather contacts or pressure
2. Be interested not interesting
3. You can’t have 200 best friends – prioritize
4. Add value with your network
5. Bank your equity (with the right people)
6. It’s a small town
7. Map and seek out the “white hot center”
8. The more you give the more you get
9. Do your due diligence before you refer
10. Keep Promises, Follow-through
11. Be seen
12. Step it up every year – build your
13. It’s an asset and it takes time to build.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.