1. Is it individual or groups?
Research report - individual submission
must be distinguishable difference in your
Project – group
2. What is the assignment about apart from
3. Is it an individual survey or groups?
4. Are we only allowed to use info from the wiki?
5. Please explain in a nut shell what this
assignment is about?
one particular thing that stops kids from being
6. How do we structure it? (intro)
7. Can we have an extension?
due dates – Friday 14th research report
Friday 21st project
Report sections and details
- Identify the author, intended audience, submission
Title page date, investigated health issue, report title and brief
(one sentence) description as a minimum
- Include each of the following sections, identifying page
Table of contents
numbers. Each section should start on a new page.
- Summarise the main findings, conclusions and
recommendations of the report.
(This section will not contribute towards the word count
of the report)
- I looked at this. I discussed this. I recommended this.
- Identify and describe the health issue. Explain why we
did this investigation?
- Inactive kids
- It is a problem because it affects future health. It is a
requirement of the health education course I am
- what can be done with the information within this
- The purpose of the report is to inform the development
and implementation of an action project that will
Introduction advocate or enable increased physical activity levels in
50 – 200 words Gold Coast children and youth.
- list the issues covered by the report, such as influence
of peers, influence of school etc.
- brief outline of what you research.
- identify any restrictions or limits within the data. Eg.
adolescents only, urban vs. rural, socioeconomic
- primary data survey was scrappppped.
- Question over the validity of resources accessed
through the internet
- Reliance on class members to provide accurate and
informative summaries in the research wiki.
- How was the data obtained? (will be supplied by
- Discuss the data that has been gathered. Separate
data sections would be appropriate. (eg. national
Discussion / data, school data, strategy evaluation etc)
Findings - DO NOT offer any opinion or reasoning in this section,
300 – 500 words however relationships between data should be
- 1.sumary from the wiki
- 2. provide any further information
- 3. identify any existing health promotion projects
- 4. evaluate existing projects (social justice)
- 5. any local/primary data
- Appraise behaviours influenced by family. Categorise
the behaviours as risk taking or health promoting
Conclusions - Validate the need for a health promotion strategy.
300 – 500 words - Needs to link clearly to findings. Why isn’t it working at
- This section is where you can offer opinion. However,
opinion must be supported by referenced research.
- Formulate a strategy, which will assist your target
group in making appropriate choices. Target specific
behaviours to change, and identify improved health
200 – 400 words
outcomes possible through this change (quality of life,
- clean copy of survey
- data tables, graphs etc
- media items
- supportive materials
- An accurate bibliography as set out on page 23 of your