2. Birth/Early Life Jim Henson was born on September 24,1936, inGreenville, Mississippi He was the younger of two brothers He was raised as a Christian Scientist He moved to Maryland (near Washington, DC) inthe late 1940s
3. Education Jim Henson went to high school at NorthwesternHigh School Then he went to college at University ofMaryland, College Park (and graduated fromthere)
4. Adult Life/Career Jim Henson was a puppeteer, film director,and a TV producer He worked from 1954-1990
5. Accomplishments As a freshman in college, Jim Henson created a puppetshow called “Sam And Friends” Most believe that his greatest accomplishments are hiscreating of “The Muppet Show” and “Sesame Street,” andthe great characters from those shows My favorite character is Kermit The Frog
6. Impact on the World He had a great impact on the world, especially inentertainment, education, and cultureHe was a innovator in puppetry, technology, andvisual artsHe was a pioneer in how TV shows were created andproducedHe was a very unique artist/performer In 1990, in New York City, Jim Henson died of pneumoniaat the age of 53.