Hello every one, good after noon every one, Welcome to SharePoint Saturday Srilanka and to my session. Let me assure you the next hour will be quite exciting for us.
Right 7 years back in the month of January, I got the news from my brother that I got admission in Department Of Computer Science, University of Karachi.
Now I have to submit my documents to the department, then the department issued a form, first to fill it properly and then submit one section to Semester cell
Then I took my form, got it signed from the Mahmud hussain Library, then from Administration Block.From Administration block then to go at Semester Cell, and finally submit this form in the Department
Another Scenario Now Shakir is really happy to get the admission in DCS, DCS asked him to submit the form and document Online. Shakir logged on to the department site, fills the e-form and attach the document, a work flow ( series of task intiated for each of representative of library, administration and semester cell to evaluate the forms and documents online and approved It)
What you think, what we require to achieve this system,Custom ApplicationTeam of Developer who has hands on skillsComplex architectureIT Pros to deal with it
1. MySelf User Group Leader of SharePoint Techies, http://www.facebook.com/ pages/SharePoint-Techies Working as a Senior SharePoint Consultant. Trainer for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Window SharePoint Services 3.0 at New Horizon and AUC Technologies.
2. Agenda This Session is divided into two SharePoint 2010 Its development tools Windows Azure SharePoint 2010 and Windows Azure Integration Questions
3. A Real scenario
4. MyWhat Next documents Submit my documents Got Form into Department
5. Signed Signed fromAdmission process… from Administration LibrarySubmit the form back in to the department Signed from Semester Cell
6. Attach theAnother Scenario Fills the E-Form documents
7. What does that system requiredCustom ApplicationDevelopersComplex ArchitectureIT Experts, Professional to use thatsystem
8. Microsoft SharePoint 2010The Business Collaboration Platform for the Enterprise and theWeb
9. SharePoint to me I can use it for Ironing Studying Computer Table Kitchen Table
10. Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Ribbon UIBusiness Connectivity Services SharePoint WorkspaceInfoPath Form Services SharePoint MobileExternal Lists Office Client and Office Web App IntegrationWorkflow Standards SupportSharePoint DesignerVisual StudioAPI EnhancementsREST/ATOM/RSS Tagging, Tag Cloud, Ratings Social Bookmarking Blogs and Wikis My Sites Activity Feeds PerformancePoint Services Profiles and Expertise Excel Services Org Browser Chart Web Part Visio Services Web Analytics SQL Server Integration Enterprise Content Types PowerPivot Metadata and Navigation Document Sets Multi-stage Disposition Social Relevance Audio and Video Content Types Phonetic Search Remote Blob Storage Navigation List Enhancements FAST Integration Enhanced Pipeline
12. SharePoint and its Developmenttools What’s New in SharePoint 2010 New Developer Tools for SharePoint 2010
14. SharePoint Designer 2010SharePoint Designer 2010’s focus has changedfrom page-oriented to feature/functionalityorientedSPD 2010 is THE tool for buildingcomplete, rich, reusable, process-centricapplications on the SharePoint platform thatintegrate with external data•Target Users • Primary: Business Unit IT, Power IW Secondary: Developers (Rapid Development, Prototyping)
15. Tool Flow – MovingBetween Create and customize live sites in the browser or with SharePoint Designer Feature upgrade infrastructure provides “Save Site as Template” mechanism for updating now produces WSPs deployed sites with new functionality VS10 provides WSP Use WSPs and the import allowing Solution Gallery to transition to structured create new site development instances
16. Business Connectivity ServicesMicrosoft Business Connectivity Services is a set of services and features thatconnect SharePoint-based solutions to sources of external data
17. What is the cloud? An approach to computing that’s aboutinternet scale and connecting to a variety of devices and endpoints
19. Cloud Services Packaged Infrastructure Platform Software Software (as a Service) (as a Service) (as a Service) You manage Applications Applications Applications Applications You manage Data Data Data Data Runtime Runtime Runtime Runtime Managed by vendor Middleware Middleware Middleware Middleware You manage Managed by vendor O/S O/S Managed by vendor O/S O/S Virtualization Virtualization Virtualization Virtualization Servers Servers Servers Servers Storage Storage Storage Storage Networking Networking Networking Networking
20. Windows Azure Platform
21. Azure is an operating system in the cloud that enables reach, reusability and scale
22. • Offset data costs• Wider service availability• Improved programmability• Skills translation• Data/Service mash-ups• Partner opportunities
23. ASP.NET & Hosted Data Custom Services IFRAME SharePoint SharePoint SharePoint Artifact Artifact Artifact SP SP OM, OM, BCS, e BCS, etc. tc. <iframe/>
24. Azure Integration HowSP COM Interact with Azure data in a list.BCS Model data from Azure and/or build external list to SQL Azure.Silverlight Create UI against Azure services or data.Sandboxed Solutions/SP Online Silverlight application leveraging Azure deployed to site collection.Office Custom Client Consume data directly from Azure or BCS list exposing Azure data.Standard/VisualWeb Parts Leverage services and data from Azure.Open XML Manage Azure data into a document.REST Use REST to interact with Azure data to integrate with SP artifacts.Office Server Services Combine with to auto-gen docs (e.g. PDFs) on server.Workflow/Event Receivers State or events that tie into Azure services or data.LINQ Use for querying Azure data objects.Search Federate search to include Azure data.
25. Pros Cons Simple & lightweight Styling & Formatting SharePoint No code No ‘deep’ integration No deployment to SP No Distribution through SP artifactContent Editor Web Part <iframe> Site Page
26. Pros Cons Use existing service ServicedependencySharePoint Extensive services/data Straightforward coding model Web Part Silverlight BCS
27. Pros Cons Tighter Control Manage servicesSharePoint Deploy as SP Object Potentially more code Multiple entry-points Web Part Silverlight BCS
28. Point of IntegrationSP COMBCSSilverlightSandboxed Solutions/SP OnlineOffice Custom ClientStandard/VisualWeb Parts -Open XMLRESTOffice Server ServicesWorkflowLINQSearch