A brief Study on Quality Control Attributes of Agricultural Inputs (seeds and fertilizers) by Md. Kamaruzzaman Shakil
- 2,924 views
Bangladesh is primarily an agriculture based country with agriculture accounting for 23.50% of the country’s GDP. About 62% of the people are engaged in agricultural product. Previous some decades ...
Bangladesh is primarily an agriculture based country with agriculture accounting for 23.50% of the country’s GDP. About 62% of the people are engaged in agricultural product. Previous some decades Bangladesh is importing huge amount of rice, vegetables, fruits seed including hybrid variety and fertilizer from foreign countries. In Bangladesh only 10% of seeds used for crop production are produced by the government or semi government organizations. The rest (90%) of total requirements of the country are met by the farmer’s own seed of unknown quality with respect to quality and health standard. As many as quality less and 490 seed-borne diseases affecting the seed of 76 different important crops are established in the country and these cause yield losses annually. On the other hand adulated fertilizer may responsible for economic loose with decreasing soil fertility. Poor or quality less fertilizer has significant effect on our overall production. So, role of seed quality and fertilizers are vice versa. Development of quick and cheap earthen dish-newsprint technique of seed and fertilizer quality determination by using physical and chemicals methods have been described. Measures to overcome the activity, problems are discussed in this report. Standard storage condition both seeds and fertilizers are discussed.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views