2. Todd Anderson took that photo.Caught your attention, didn’t it?
3. Otherwise, why would you still be here?
4. Well, a few days back…
5. …this photo did the same for me.
6. Who was she? Why was she here? What is the meaning of life?
7. This was a picture at the Mr. Baker – Cake and Pastry Shop at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
8. It took up one whole wall.
9. It scarred me.
11. Heh, but I guess it served theirpurpose. After all, shocking events are imprinted in your memory.
12. I associate Mr. Baker with that picture.
13. So, what is this presentation about?
14. Now, this is a story all about howMy life got flipped-turned upside down
15. Well, it really isn’t…but hey, at least,I flipped when I spotted these disco lights at…..
16. ….the Movenpik Ice Cream pad.
17. The shop of three colours.
18. Red, white and black. Even the ice cream dudes were into it.
19. A television in the background? A common sight.
20. Yup, TV at the Li Hua Laundry Shop – with a can of Schweppes. Always.
21. Li Hua?? In Dhaka, Bangladesh?
22. Behold! The Li Hua Dynasty….
23. …in 1964, Mr. Li set up a laundry shop.
24. In 2012, it’s still here!
25. Oh. Dry cleaners, to be moreexact. But check out the font…
26. There is aStereotypicalChinese feel to theLi Hua title.
27. Speaking of stereotypes….
28. Here’s an insight: Stores withoutsecurity guards put their cashiersright at the entrance. Stores withsecurity guards put their cashiers NOT at the entrance.
29. Mr. Baker has a security guard.Cashier far away from the door.
30. Cashier at the Dedar Super Shop, grocery store is right at the entrance. There was NO security guard.
31. But they have IMPULSE items! Omigosh, I need some mint and shaving blades. Buy, buy, buy! Thanks, impluse items, for saving the day!
32. Product placement is not this grocery store’s forte.
33. Of course, products are categorized according to function, but brands don’t seem to stand out, unless….
34. …it’s pet food.
35. What if I wanted something fromthe top? Especially, those cardboard boxes? (optimizingspace2012)
36. …or the security camera. Anothersubstitute for the security guard.
37. Red Bull, however, tries valiantly to stand out at Mr. Baker….
38. …or not. The ceiling, based onIslamic architecture stands out though…
39. …so do the shoes lit up at shoe- shop Gallerie Apex.
40. …or lit-up ice cream, back at Movenpick...
41. …or lit-up cake at Mr. Baker….
42. ...or a lit-up mosquito trap at Mr. Baker, again! Hey, you gotta take care of those bloodsucking mosquitoes….
43. ….and what about those blood- sucking pirates? Well, ain’t reallyblood-sucking for consumer – DVDs come here cheap!
44. …but speaking of cheapness, here’s my last INSIGHT: The cheaper or more shabby-looking the store, the more concerned they are withphotos being taken. A pharmacy anda general store didn’t let me do this.
45. ….but nonetheless, thanks to all the stores who took part in this. Giveyourselves a big round of applause. Sigh.