SHAJAHAN SALIMMobile no:00971508272416Email:email@example.comObjectiveTrain and lead a kitchen team as ExecutiveSous Chef in a top luxury Hotel. It have funand faster team spirit without divisionaryboundaries. To achieve the hotel andpersonal goals.
• My varied skills and personal attributes include:• Strong background in hospitality industry• Superior public relations skills• Well developed staff supervision and training skills• Exceptional organization and time management skills• Ability to work in a busy environment• Highly self-motivated and career committed• Excellent Communication skills• Good experience in Garde manger, main kitchen and Ala carte.• Monitor regular standards of production to ensure highest level of quality• Monitor all aspects pertaining to the control of the hotel’s food cost
• Participate in the drafting of concept ideas and menus for all special events and functions while encouraging all employees to put forward their ideas and utilizing them wherever practical• Ensure HACCP (U.A.E) standards are implemented and follow the appropriate hygiene standards as per Municipality requirements at all times• Ensure consistent on the job training session for culinary colleagues and promote health & safety.• Good knowledge in F.B.M system.• Professional Summary.• Since October 2007.• Senior Sous Chef. Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel.• Abu Dhabi U.A.E.• 5 F&B restaurants and outlets, banquet capacity up to 5000 pax, extensive outside caterings. The F&B department caters for approx.• 5500 guests per day.• Main kitchen, Room service, Indian kitchen, and fruit and carving.• Main kitchen we do many major events in Abu Dhabi.• Golf championship, Formula one, Tennis, Volvo race, Index and Royal Wedding.• We do also set menu for 700 pax, silver service and cocktail function.
• Room service.• Multi cuisine Ala Carte menu 24 hrs. We have 600 rooms. We do daily Chefs special menus. Daily we do 100 cover minimum. Also we are serving Club Lange, Lobby Services.• Indian Kitchen.• Taking part of the Banquet event and functions. We have also Outlets buffet, Ala carte Preparation and Wedding.• Part of team & management.• I am responsible for the complete menu development of the 4 outlets. Also lead, train and motivate a kitchen team of 55 chefs.• As well I am conducting trainings for the hotels team on order• to improve the overall quality of our hotel. Absence of• Executive chef we take responsible and taking care of the operations.• June 2005 – October 2007.• Abu Dhabi Country Club: Head Chef.• This is one of the biggest member ship’s club in the city. club having 2 ,• Outlets and Café’s and Bar. We are serving ala carte menus. and banquet
• factions.• Sardinia.• This is fine dining Mediterranean restaurant. This is one of the top classic• restaurants in the city. experience with Michelin star chef Fabrice Canelle.• Coffee shop.• 12 hour multi cuisine ala carte menu.• Bowling bar.• Snacks menus , cocktail parties.• Bonsai Japanese restaurant.• Japanese fine dining restaurant . we serving sushi, sashimi, Teppanyaki etc.• Take care of food cost. Staff daily duty roaster, market studying , menu planning.• part of management.
• November 2004-2005 June.• Chef Chef de Partie• Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel.• Main kitchen : cold kitchen.• Taking care of Banquet Functions. Staff duty roster. Discussing with Executive Sous Chefs daily operation. attending trainings.• June 2004 – December 2004.• Executive chef• Hotel Punkaj,• Trivandrum,• Kerala.• The Hotel having rooms, 3 outlets, bar, 2 banquet hall .lead the kitchen• Create and plan seasonal menus. Food festivals. Training for staff• Maintain food cost. Planning promotion in cooperation of F&B team.• Attending daily meeting with General manager . preparing kitchen budget.
• Keeping standard for staff uniform and skills.• Staff duty roaster.• Attending training programs.• September 2001-May 2004.• Chef the Partie• Holiday Inn Al Khobar K.S.A.• Responsible for break fast buffet.• Room services ala carte menu.• Cold kitchen in charge.• taking care of buffet, for outlets and banqueting functions• Staff duty roaster.• attending training programs.• April 2001 – August 2001.• Commi 1
• Dammam Sheraton.• Responsible for Indian kitchen.• Taking care of banquet functions coffee shops. Buffet, ala carte for coffee shops.• January 1999- March 2001.• Taj Garden Restaurant• Independent Chef.• Responsible for Indian kitchen. Ala carte menu, banquet functions. attending food festival . working with Chinese chefs. Attending kebab festival.• August 1998- December 1998.• Industrial Training• Sidhartha regency, trichur, kerala.• October 2006- January 2008• Sabala group of restaurant
• Dadar Mumbai.• Part time job.• I was working in kitchen department and F &B service• Helping daily ala carte menus.• 2006-2008• Diploma in hotel management from Dadar institute of hotel management.• 2004-2006• Pre degree from kerala university• S.N college Punalur.• 2003-2004• S.S.L.C. Government H.S Punnala.• Training and Achievement• Train the trainer: Holiday Inn Al kobar.• Train the Trainer: Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel.
• Fire fighting : Holiday Inn Al kobar.• First aid : Holiday Inn Al kobar.• Service Recovery : Country Club Abu Dhabi.• Can do Service : Holiday Inn Al kobar.• Service culture : Taj Garden Restaurant.• Essential food safety : Officers Club & Hotel.• H.A.C.C.P: Star Wood Dammam.• Perfomance and Appreciation• Best employ of month from holiday inn Alkobar.• Best employ of month from officers club Abu Dhabi.• Appreciations letter from holiday inn Al kobar. Appreciation letter• Intercontinental Riyad.• Appreciations from Officers club.
• Appreciations from Country club Abu Dhabi.• Appreciations from Taj Varkala.• Winner of several region and international chef competition.• Member of chef association.• Fine dining concept from culinary art U.S.A.• Reference• Klause Teberke• Executive Director of F&B• Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel• Klauseteberke@afoc.mil.ae• Mob: 00971506163502.• Ernst lother frank• Executive Chef• Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel• Ernst.firstname.lastname@example.org• Mob : 00971503235850.• Baba Carrim• F & B Manager• Country Club Abu Dhabi• Email : email@example.com• Mob : 00971507814543.