• Marketing hierarchy of Ufone
• Market definition
• Market segmentation
• Ufone competitor’s strengths and weaknesses
• Demographics and psychographics
• Mission statement
• Vision statement
• Marketing strategy (price and promotion)
BRIEF HISTORY OF UFONE
• Ufone GSM is a company in Pakistan providing cellular services.
• The current CEO of UFONE is Mr. Abdul Aziz.
• PTML is a subsidiary of PTCL (Pakistan Telecom Company Limited),
the largest operator in Pakistan.
• The management of Ufone has also been handed over to Etisalat.
• Ufone adopted Huawei's new-generation GSM solution to construct
a GSM network covering 1,500 cities and towns of Pakistan
• Its competitors are mobilink, Telenor and zong.
MARKETING HIRARCHY OF UFONE
• Company has added VAS (value added services)
• Providing all kinds of services that competitors are offering.
• MMS (multimedia messaging serives)
• GPRS (general packet radio serives)
• VPN (virtual private networks),
• Now its in 3G and 4G also
MARKET SEGMENTATION OF FEW BRANDS AND
• Postpay: target market is corporate class
• Life: it is targeted on youth
• Public demand: it is targeted on lower class people
• 5 ka 15: it is targeted on ladies
• Walkie talkie: targeted on business class
By distribution channel:
• distributes its Sims through franchises (wholesaler)
• franchise further dispenses the Sims in local shops (retailers)
• Local companies to distrubite banners cards in given areas
• Market leaders and market challengers
Ufone has 4 competitors:
STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESS OF COMPETITORS
•Leading Telecommunications Company in Pakistan.
•Strong Brand name
•High call rates
•High tax rates
•Increase in imported equipment costs
•Network quality and design
•Superior customer care
•Excellent Coverage and distribution
•Contract with Siemens and Nokia
•Brand image of quality.
•Relatively low market share
•Low profit margins
•Negative cash flows in the initial years.
•High growth Rate
•First company who introduced mobile.
•Bad Image of Paktel
•Weak MIS (management information system)
Demographics and Psychographics
• Customer retention
• Customer surveys
• Identify possible problems
• Ufone, it’s all about U. we are where you want to be, we aim to
provide you with wide coverage, superior connectivity clean
signals and voice clarity. Wherever you are, ufone keeps you
• To be the leading telecommunication service provider in Pakistan
by offering innovate communication solutions for customers while
exceeding shareholder value & employee expectation.
• ECONOMY : Upper class, Middle class, socio-
economic class, lower class
• AGE : Teenagers, youngsters, middle age, aged people
• GENDER : Male & Female
• OCCUPATION : corporate class, Business class, working class etc
The basic target market of ufone is the “YOUTH”
• UFONE TUMHI TO HO
• Image in peoples mind regarding the brand
Marketing strategies: price
• Augmented product
• Price has always been the core differentiation of ufone
• Least call rates
• Ufone follows market penetration pricing strategy
Discount and allowances
• Low call rates on occasions
• Low international call rates
• Discounts on public holidays
Marketing strategies: promotion
• Ufone pays different channels for marketing activities to convey
value to customer
• communication channels includes, sales promotion, advertising,
public relations, direct marketing & personal selling.
• Frequent attractive advertising
• Print media: daily dawn, Sunday magazine, akhbar e jahan, jung
• Display media: billboards, screens, painting walls, posters etc
• Events: musical concert in 2006 all over pak featuring mikaal
hassan and junoon.
• Ad shoots: adds are shot in pak as well as foreign locations
• Broadcast media: adds on channels
• Online media: internet marketing
• short term incentives to encourage the purchase or sale of
a product or service
• Permiums: extra credit or package delivered to their numbers.
• Promotional Products for sales promotion
Word of mouth
• Basically foucused on youth so they feel proud to tell “they use
ufone” to their relatives and friends.