Software architecture how to install microsoft sql server express edition with installer project and deploy database backup
To: Development Team
By: Shahzad Sarwar
SQL Server Express Edition needs to be installed with Visual studio .Net installer
project, so that silent installation of SQL Server Express edition can be performed.
• Create a new Setup and Deployment project
• Put all the files extracted from SQL Server Express Edition exe in application
folder of installer.
• Add Backup file to be restored.
• Check in code project sample,there will be code to check IsDone and
IsRestart, left both of this checking as it is, since it is the condition that
Installation class left for us to tell the main Startup Form what to do,
whether to close the application or to show the form.
• When you first run your application, it checks if the database instance exists, if
not it will install the database instance, and restore the backup database to the new