2. QUALITY STANDARDS Quality standards are the operational techniques and the activities that sustainthe quality of a product or service in order to satisfy given requirements. Thesestandards comprise of quality planning, data collection, data analysis, andimplementation.FUNCTIONS OF THE QUALITY STANDARDSQuality Standards are at the core of the Quality Framework.1. Good practice2. Centre development planning3. Internal evaluation2. External evaluation3. The developmental agenda for the program at national level
3. Overview of Various Quality Assurance StandardsQuality assurance standards are published documents thatare recognized by various bodies and are used to developquality management systems in different organizations.There are various quality standards which organizationscan adopt depending on the nature of their business.Reputed organizations prefer to do business withorganizations that follow good quality managementsystems. This assures them that the deliverables will be ofgood quality and that there will be no hassles in doingbusiness with such firms.Some Of The Quality Assurance Standards Includes,
4. Some Quality Standards and Certificates
5. SIX SIGMAOriginally developed by Bill Smith at Motorola in 1986, the Six SigmaTraining program was created using some of the most innovative qualityimprovement methods from the preceding six decades. The term "SixSigma" is derived from a field of statistics known as process capability.The term 6 Sigma refers to the ability of manufacturing processes toproduce a very high proportion of output within specification. Processesthat operate with "six sigma quality" over the short term are assumed toproduce long-term defect levels below 3.4 defects per millionopportunities. Six Sigmas goal is to improve overall processes to thatlevel of quality or better.
6. ISIISI is Indian Standards Institute, an ISI mark means theproduct conforms to respective national product standardthe customer has to accept the same.
7. BIS HALLMARKBIS CERTIFICATION SCHEME FOR HALLMARKINGOF GOLD JEWELLERYGovernment of India‟ has identified BIS a sole agency inIndia to operate this scheme. BIS hallmarking Scheme isvoluntary in nature and is operating under BIS Act, Rulesand Regulations. It operates on the basis of trust and thus itis desirable that aspect of quality control are in built in thesystem responsible for managing quality.
8. ISOISO (International Organization for Standardization) is theworld‟s largest developer and publisher of InternationalStandards. ISO is a network of the national standardsinstitutes of 158 countries, one member per country, with aCentral Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland, that coordinatesthe system.
9. ISO 9001ISO 9001 is a quality management system standard whichstandardizes and documents the various activities of theorganization like purchase, stores, sales, processing, itfocuses on customer needs and fulfilling the same henceenhancing the satisfaction levels and laying andimplementing the systems for continual improvement.
10. SQuaRE This is a software quality standard. Quality is very important in ITindustry. The software quality should strictly be maintained so that thecustomers are satisfied otherwise it results in huge losses for bothcustomers and the company. ISO/IEC 25000 provides guidance toSQuaRE. These quality assurance standards are used to maintain thequality of software during the product life cycle process like defining therequirements of the customers, design, implementation, testing, andvalidation process. Also, it is used to maintain the quality while theproduct is in use.
11. ISO 17025ISO 17025 is used for testing and calibration laboratories.Laboratories that conduct testing and calibration as well asorganizations that have internal laboratories for similartasks can follow this standard. To get ISO 17025 certification,the laboratories and organizations have to fulfill sometechnical and management requirements as mentioned inthis standard. One of the benefits of getting ISO 17025certification is that the test results of such laboratories areinternationally accepted.
12. ISO 22000ISO 22000 is used in food industry to maintain food safety and quality.Food industry has to maintain very stringent quality and safetyparameters as bad quality of food can affect the health of the consumers.ISO 22000 quality assurance standards help these industries to developquality management systems in such a way that the quality of food ismaintained at all stages like farming, food processing, food packaging etc.This standard is generally combined with ISO 9001 and HACCP toobtain the optimum results.
13. TS 16949This standard is specially meant for the automobile industry and hasbeen developed by ISO and the IATF. Any other industry involved insupply chain management can also use this standard to improve theirquality. Some of the big names in the field of automobile industry aremembers of IATF and hence TS 16949 is recognized by almost the entireautomobile industry for quality. Adopting this standard help automobilecompanies all over the world to do business with foreign companies.
14. BS5750BS5750 is a British Standard for quality assurance is the international equivalent. This approach requires that firms set out clear procedures for all business processes – usually these are set out in manuals and reinforced through staff training. Regular audits are carried out to ensure that processes are being carried out consistently according to standards.
15. CE MarkCE Mark In electrical products, the CE mark signifies astandard of safety.
16. TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENTTotal quality management or TQM is an integrativephilosophy of management for continuously improving thequality of products and processes.TQM functions on the premise that the quality of productsand processes is the responsibility of everyone who isinvolved with the creation or consumption of the products orservices offered by an organization. In other words, TQMcapitalizes on the involvement of management, workforce,suppliers, and even customers, in order to meet or exceedcustomer expectations.
17. Total Quality Management in Jet Airways
18. India‟s Most Preferred AirlineFormation of Jet Airways Mr.Naresh Goyal founded Jetair (ltd) in May 1974 In 1991 Diversification Program Commenced Commercial operations in may
19. MISSIONJet Airways will be the most preferred domestic Airline inIndia Jet Airways will achieve this pre-eminent position byoffering a high quality of service and reliable, comfortableand efficient operation
20. CODE OF CONDUCT Confidential informationFair dealing Compliance with law and regulations Prevention of insider training Record keeping
21. JET AIRWAYS PARTNERSHIP Air Canada American Airways Brussels Airways Jetlite QANTAS
22. SERVICES Check in option, Airport check in Tele check in Web check in Airport Lounges Bus Services Entertainment
23. SPECIAL SERVICES Infant and Child care Wheel Chair Assistance Medical Emergencies Travelling with Animals Jet Mobile
24. TQM TECHNIQUES Jet airways formulated a Quality Management System forin-flight Services in February 2001 as part of aComprehensive exercise to implement ISO in selectiveoperational areas. They also implement KAIZEN techniques to improve theservices of their employees through continuous trainingprogramme
25. SERVQUAL MODEL Is a model to assess the gap of an organizations servicequality performance against customer quality needs. Introduced by Zeithaml, Parasuraman, And Berry in1985 it is widely used within service industries to understandthe perception of target customers regarding their serviceneeds. SERVQUAL was originally measured on 10 aspects ofservice quality : reliability, responsiveness, competence, access,courtesy, communication, credibility, security,understanding the customer and tangibles
26. Servqual Data what can we do?We can use data on customer priorities to feed in to theHouse of Quality(QFD).Quality function deployment (QFD) is a method totransform user demands into design quality, to deploy thefunctions forming quality, and to deploy methods forachieving the design quality into subsystems and componentparts, and ultimately to specific elements of themanufacturing process.
27. DIMENSIONS OF SERVQUAL MODEL Reliability Assurance Tangible Empathy Responsiveness
28. AREAS OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT1. On time2. Delay information3. Announce delay4. Good in Flight Service5. Good in flight food6. Waiting time for baggage7. Baggage loss8. Compensate baggage loss9. Good ground service10. Refreshment on delay11. Online booking12. Discounted fare13. Maintenance of aircraft and other equipments
29. YIELD MANAGEMENT OR REVENUE MANAGEMENTProcess of understanding, anticipating and influencingconsumer behavior in order to maximize yield or profitsfrom a fixed, perishable resource(such as hotel roomreservation or airline seats) Yield management involves strategic control of inventoryto sell it to the right customer at the right time for the rightprice. This process result in price discrimination, where afirm charges customers consuming otherwise identical goodsor services a different price for doing so.
30. QUALITY CERTIFICATION In flight service, ISO 9001-2000 certified certification forthe product and service range includes Design, developmentand delivery of customer services that meet world classstandard. IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Registration
31. COST CONTROL MEASURES Jet airways and kingfisher Airlines have put aside theirdifferences and joined hands to cut costs through code-sharing and combining and ground service. The airline leased two of its Boeing 737s to a Japanese Co.and implemented a number of work force productivitymeasures. Salary cut of employees
32. AWARDS with best first-class service in the world‟ award at ‘airlineBusiness Traveler‟s 20th annual „best in business travel,award Gala in USA „best domestic full service airline‟ award for the sixth yearin a row “most innovative product launch” award
33. Customer Response through SurveysPositive Aspects Jet travelers found its flights to be on time Jet usually inform their customers about delay in advancethrough SMS or Telephone call Provide Refreshment Providing good in flight food and entertainment Staff friendly and helpful