1. House no: A-129 Ashraf Square
Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Bl: 17 Karachi
Phone # 021-32060721, 042-35087762
Cell # 0314-2243415
PROF. DR. SHAH MURAD
• M.Phil (Pharmacology) in 2002 from Basic medical sciences Institute
(BMSI), Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center (JPMC), Karachi, affiliated with
University of Karachi, Pakistan.
• M.B.B.S (1990) from Liaquat Medical University, Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan.
• M.A (Economics) in 1989, M.A ( Psychology) in 1992, M.A ( Journalism )
in 1995) from Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur Mirs, and University of
• D.P.S (Diploma in Psychosomatics) in 1992 from W.H.O (Islamabad)
• PhD Research fellow (Pharmacology) enrolled at Agricultural University
1. December 2008 to Present-----Lahore Medical & Dental College, Lahore.
Professor and HOD, Pharmacology & Therapeutics.
2. November 2007 to Dec 2008-----Lahore Medical & Dental College, Lahore.
Associate Professor, Pharmacology & Therapeutics.
3. January 2007 to October 2007-----Faisalabad Medical College, Faisalabad.
Associate Professor and HOD, Pharmacology & Therapeutics.
4. August 2005 to January 2007-----Sir Syed College of Medical Science for
A.P and then Associate Professor, Pharmacology & Therapeutics.
5. June 2003 to July 2005-----Muhammad Medical College Mirpurkhas Sindh.
Assistant Professor & H.O.D, Pharmacology & Therapeutics.
6. March 2003 to June 2003 ----- HCM & D, Hamdard University, Karachi.
Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics.
2. 7. Dec.1993 to March 2003----- HCM & D, Hamdard University, Karachi.
Lecturer in the Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics.
July 1991 to January 2007 ----- Practiced Psychosomatic Counseling as Consultant at different
hospitals of Karachi.
Practiced medicine/psychosomatic counseling independently. Well-versed in effective management of
common to complicated cases of various diseases.
Conversant with different types and patterns of diseases prevailing in Pakistan.
June 1991 to June 1992----- Liaquat Medical University Hospital, Jamshoro, Hyderabad, Sindh,
Worked as House Officer in the departments of Medicine and Surgery.
1. Did Original Research work, titled ”EFFECTS OF PSYLLIUM HUSK AND
NICOTINIC ACID IN PRIMARY HYPERLIPIDEMIA”At BMSI,JPMC,Karachi in
2002.Supervisor: Dr.Kausar Aamir,HOD,Pharmacology &Therapeutics,BMSI.
2. Sibghatullah Sangi,Kausar Aamir,Jamal Ara,Saba Tasneem,Arshad Qureshi,Nighat
Kafil,Shah Murad Mastoi.Effects of Promethazine on uterine contractions,produced by
prostaglandin E-2.Journal of Surgery Pakistan(International) Vol.7(4) October-
December, 2002; 8-11.
3. Nighat Kafil,Kausar Aamir,Shah Murad,Jamal Ara,Saadia Anjum.A Placebo-
Controlled Clinical Trial On Nimesulide in Osteoarthritis.Jouranal of Surgery
Pakistan(International) Vol.8(2) April-June,2003; 5-8.
4. N.Kafil,K.Aamir,S.Murad, S.Anjum.Role of Glucosamine Sulphate on Pain and
Tenderness in Osteoarthritis.Pakistan Journal of Pharmacology Vol.20,No.2,July 2003;
5. Nighat Kafil,Kausar Aamir,Shah Murad,M.Ashraf Memon.Placebo Controlled
Clinical Trial on Glucosamine Sulphate and Nimesulide in Osteoarthritis.Proceedings of
3rd Biennial Conference on Pharmacology & Therapeutics,Karachi,Pakistan-January 14
& 17,2005; 65-74
6. Sibghatullah Sangi,Shahida P.Ahmad,Shah Murad Mastoi.Role of Nigella Sativa in
Opioid dependence Treatment.Pakistan Journal of Pharmacology Vol.23,No.1,January
7.Haji Mohd Aslam Channa, Mohd Ashfaq, Shah Murad Mastoi, Mohd Azam
Qureshi.Effect of Ciprofloxacin on growing cartilage in Albino Rat Pups. Journal of
Ayub Medical College Vol.18, No.3, Jul-Sep, 2006; 50-54.
8. Sibghatullah Sangi, Shahida P. Ahmed, Muhammad Aslam Channa, Muhammad
3. Ashfaq, Shah Murad Mastoi. A new and novel treatment of opioid dependence, Nigella
Sativa 500 mg. Journal of Ayub Medical College Vol. 20,No.2,Apr-Jun,2008;
9. Shah Murad, M Ashraf Memon, M Aslam Channa, Nighat Kafil, S Mohsin Turab,
Ghulam Rasool Bhurgri, Shahzad Rasheed, Raj Kumar Chohan. Niacin is major drug for lowering
LDL-Cholesterol. Pak J Med Health. Vol.2, Issue 3, Jul-Sep, 2008.
10. Zulfiqar-ul-Hassan, Sualeha Riffat, Rahat Naseer, Shah Murad.Bioavailability and Disposition
Kinetics of Amoxicillin in Normal and Febrile Rabbits.Pak J Med Health. Vol. 2,Issue 3, Jul-Sep
11. Shah Murad, M Ashraf Memon, M Aslam Channa, Nighat Kafil, S Mohsin Turab,
Ghulam Rasool Bhurgri, Shahzad Rasheed, Raj Kumar Chohan. Niacin is major drug for lowering
LDL-Cholesterol. Esculapio. Volume04, Issue 03, Oct-Dec 2008; 26-28.
12.Shah Murad,Nighat Kafil,M Aslam Channa,,Zulfiqar-ul-Hassan,Shehzad Rasheed,M
Ashraf Memon. Single blind placebo controlled study of Niacin in low HDL-Cholesterol
patients.:http://www.articlesBase.com/, 3 October 2008.
13. Shah Murad, M. Ashraf Memon, Zulfiqar ul-Hassan, M. Aslam Channa, Nighat
Kafil, S. Mohsin Turab, Ghulam Rasool Bhurgri. Psyllium husk decrease the risk of
coronary heart disease. :http://www.PlanetPapers.com/ , 7 November 2008.
14. Shah Murad, Ghazi Mahmood, Amarlal Ghurbakhshani, M Ashraf Memon, Aijaz
Fatima. Lipid profile, heart diseases and psyllium husk. . :http://www.PlanetPapers.com/ ,
11 September 2009.
15. Shah Murad, Zulfiqar-ul-Hassan, Ghazi Mahmood, M. Ashraf Memon, Amarlal
Ghurbakhshani, Nighat Kafil, M. Aslam Channa, Aijaz Fatima. Effects of Psyllium Husk
on Lipid Profile of Primary Hyperlipidemic Patients. SURGIMED Medical and Dental
Journal, Lahore. Volume 01, Issue 04, Oct-Dec 2009; 03-07.
16. Meh Jabeen, Mohammad Furqan, Mohsin Turab, Shah Murad, Zulfiqar-ul-Hassan,
Ghazi Mahmood. Relationship of brain natriuretic peptide with serum lipids and body
mass index in healthy adult males. Article has been accepted to be published in next issue
of “The Professional” Medical Journal, Faisalabad, vise their letter # TPMA/Acceptance
Letter/AL P-1555 wpd dated: January 6, 2010.
17. Shah Murad, Moosa Khan, Manzoor Ahmad Unar, Ghazi Mahmood, Amar lal
Ghurbakhshani, Aijaz Fatima. Effects of Psyllium on coronary vascular diseases.; http://
www.articlesBase.com/, March 01, 2010.
18. Shah Murad, , Manzoor Ahmad Unar, Aijaz Fatima, Ghazi Mahmood, , Moosa
Khan, Amar lal Ghurbakhshani. Ispaghula fibres for decreasing hyperlipidemia.;
http://www.articlesBase.com/, March 1st, 2010.
4. 19. Samina Karim, Manzoor Ahmad Unar, Ghazi Mahmood, Shah Murad, Moosa Khan,
Amar Lal Ghurbakhshani. Psyllium Hydrophilic Mucilloid is Drug, Not Nutrient Only.;
http://www.articlesBase.com/, Mar 12, 2010.
20. Shah Murad, , Amar Lal Ghurbakhshani, Taqadus Abbas, Moosa Khan, Samina
Karim, Manzoor Ahmad Unar, Ghazi Mahmood, Aijaz Fatima. Use of Ispaghula in high
lipid profile.; http://www.articlesBase.com/, Apr 10, 2010.
21. Shah Murad, Moosa Khan, Manzoor Ahmad Unar, Amar Lal Ghurbakhshani,
Samina Karim, Ghazi Mahmood. Correction of lipid disorders by Plantago.;
http://www.articlesBase.com/, Apr 10, 2010.
22. Shah Murad, Ghazi Mahmood, Moosa Khan, Manzoor Ahmad Unar, Amar Lal
Ghurbakhshani, Samina Karim, Aijaz Fatima. Plantago fibres decrease risk of
development of arteriosclerosis.; http://www.articlesBase.com/, April 11, 2010.
23. Shah Murad, Amar Lal Ghurbakhshani, Ghazi Mahmood, Moosa Khan, M. Aslam
Channa, Nighat Kafil, S. Mohsin Turab, Aijaz Fatima. Role of Vitamin B-3 in lowering
LDL-Cholesterol. SURGIMED Medical and Dental Journal, Lahore. Volume 02, Issue 01,
Jan-March 2010; 03-06.
24. ACCEPTANCE letter from IJPRD
25. Acceptance from IJPRD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
COURSES IN BEHAVIOURAL SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY “DIANETICS”
Communication Course, How to get along with others Course, Training Routines Course,
Hubbard Basic Auditors Course, Study Skills for life Course, Condition Formula Course,
Basic Ethics Course, Ups and downs in life Course, Assist Course, How to improve
conditions in life Course, Self Analysis Course, personal Values and integrity Course.,
Purification Course, Anatomy of Human Mind Course.
• Regular Columnist in daily news papers of Karachi and Hyderabad since last 15
• Worked as Anchor Person in Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation (Radio Pakistan)
Hyderabad and Karachi for 20 years.
• Served as Anchor Person (Host, Compere) at PTV and PTV-National for 15
• Served as President MEHRAN SOCIAL WELFARE ORGANISATION,
“Karachi division” for 5 years.
• Served as Dissemination Manager in DIANETICS CENTRE: for Personal
5. Excellence, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi from 1993-2000.
• Computer Literacy Program: Certificate from Hamdard Institute of
Information Technology, Hamdard University Karachi, Pakistan (1998).
• Fully conversant with the use of Windows XP/95/98/2000/2009,MS Word,
MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc
• Fully conversant with the use of Internet-mail etc.
Read, write and speak English, Urdu, Sindhi, Siraiki, Balochi and Punjabi fluently.
Adept in delivering presentations and briefings in academic meetings and professional
• Member of Dianetics Society of Pakistan.
• Member of South African Society for Basic and Clinical Pharmacology
(SASBCP), Cape Town, South Africa. REG: # 100-67405
• Member of International forum for Health, Sydney, Australia.
• Member of Argentine Society for Experimental Pharmacology
• Member of Australasian Society of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacologists
• Member of Belgian Society of Fundamental and Clinical Physiology and Pharmacology
• Member of Brazilian Society of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
• Member of Canadian Society of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
• Member of International Society for Media and Mental Health, Oslo, Norway.
• Fellow of Royal Society of Health, London, England.
• W.H.O Collaborating center for Research and Training in Educational
Development of Health Personals Workshop on ‘Educational planning and
Evaluation’ By College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (C.P.S.P).
• National Workshop on ‘The Role of Media in Promotion of Mental health’
Sponsored by the Agha Khan University and WHO Collaborating Center for
Mental Health, Research and Training.
• National Psychiatric Conference by Department of Psychiatry, Hamdard
University Hospital, Hamdard University, Karachi Pakistan.
• 39th Annual Symposium Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center, Karachi.
• 40th Annual Symposium Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center, Karachi.
• 1st Medical Symposium 2003, Mohammad Medical College, Mirpurkhas.
• 2nd Medical Symposium 2004, Mohammad Medical College Mirpurkhas.
• 4th Annual Conference of “Epilepsy Association of Pakistan” on 21st April,
2006 at Hotel Pearl Continental, Rawapindi, Pakistan.
• National Training Course on “Molecular detection of RNA viruses” (April
24-26, 2007) at Environmental Biotechnology Division, NIBGE, Faisalabad.
• National Workshop on “New Trends of training/research in genetic
6. Pharmacology” organized by Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi, on
12 March 2008.
• National Training Seminar on “New-Era of Molecular Based Research on
common drugs” sponsored and organized by ZAFA Pharmaceutics, Karachi
on 25th March, 2008.
• National Workshop on “ New Slant on Gastroenterology” organized by Dow
University of Health Sciences and Civil Hospital, Karachi, on 24th March,
• One day National Symposium on “Updates on recent trends in
Pharmacotherapy” conducted by University of Health Sciences, Lahore on
17th August 2009.
• Second Convocation, Lahore Medical & Dental College, Lahore, Pakistan, on
March 11, 2010.
• Symposium on Medical Education (Current Problems of ME, Education Cycle
& MIT, Principles of Adult Learning, Instructional Objectives and their
relevance to assessment tools, Simulated patients, Quality Assurance in ME)
conducted by Department of ME, LM&DC, Lahore, Pakistan, on 26th May,
• Participated in the workshop on “Anger and Stress Management”, conducted
by Department of Medical Education, LM&DC, Lahore, Pakistan on 9th June
• Date of Birth: Apr. 18, 1965.
• Marital Status: Married (Three Issues).
• Nationality/Religion: Pakistani/Islam (CNIC#42201-0973439-1)
• PROF. DR. M. ASHRAF MEMON
Sardar Ghulam Muhammad Mahar Medical College, Sukkur
CELL # +92-3332362516
• PROF. DR. NIRMALDAS
HOD, Pharmacology Department
Bolan Medical College, Quetta
CELL # +92-3337804273
• PROF. DR. RIAZ AHMED
HOD, Anatomy Department
Akhtar Saeed Medical College, Lahore
CELL # +92-3216823097