1. “The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not to be questioned.”
2. BACKGROUND AND CONTEXTWith the opening up of the Indian economy, more and more people have shifted base tothe cities in the hope of earning a few thousands more. 350 million people in India live inurban centres today and this figure is slated to double by 2030. This has led to a crisislike situation in major urban centres especially in the housing segment with almost 60%of the urban population living in slums or low quality houses given affordability issuesand poor access to credit.Finance, as in all other asset classes, has been seen as the most important driver inproviding access to housing for individuals, more so among the urban poor and plays akey role in improving affordability of consumers. It is with this backdrop that ShubhamHousing Development Finance Company was launched, to focus on addressing the gap inprovision of credit to the urban poor.
3. OBJECTIVE OF THE FILM/ THE BRIEFThe 4-5 minute film on Shubham targets the beneficiaries of this initiative - the urban poorwho will be able to benefit from the home finance and home improvement loans offered byShubham.The secondary target group are NGOs.The film will be emotive rather than informative.
4. CONCEPTThe film uses a mix of Hindi poetry, bytes of target group, and supers on the screen.The poetry creates the emotion, the supers give out the most basic information and thebytes create credibility and enable the viewers to relate to the concept better. The bytesand the supers are intercut with the poem which forms the structure of the film. TREATMENTThe film will use a combination of stock footage that is representative of the feelingthe film/poetry is trying to evoke and footage that we will shoot of people whorepresent the profile that Shubham is targeting. The mix of Hindi and English makes thisFilm multipurpose…it can be used for a variety of audiences. The first few lines of the poemSpeak of ‘home’ in a metaphorical way, but also of rural India…the places where urban migrants come from…their real ‘home’ . The imagery then changes to that of theCities.Please note that all visuals used in the ppt are only indicative.
5. INTRODUCTIONVO in a man’s voiceWith matching visuals.Waise toSitaron se bharaYeh khula aasmanBhi ghar haiYeh raat bhi ghar haitumhara saath bhi ghar haiPar chalte phirte shehron meinin shaam aur saveron meinkaroron ki in bheedon meinSochaApna kya hai?Woh sapna kya hai?jo subah subah uthlakardaud dhoop karvakarthakne nahi detarukne nahi deta?baarishon ke aage bhijhukne nahi deta?
6. ON SCREEN TEXT/VOICE OVER 350 million people live in India’s urban centres This figure will double by 2030 Out of these 350 million, 60% live in slums or low quality housing. There is a need for 21 million affordable homes in India.Because a home is not just four walls, it is a person’s identity, a place of security and shelter, a place of love and warmth. And everyone who earns his living deserves it. So what is keeping them from getting it?
7. This is followed by BYTES FROM PEOPLE WHO SHUBHAM IS TARGETING-They talk about the current market situation and the difficulty in gettingloans and financing for homes etc. “Home is where one starts from. As we grow older the world becomes stranger, the pattern more complicated” T. S Eliot
8. VOICEOVER/TEXT ON SCREENIrrespective of the source of income, every earning individual should be able to make a better home for themselves. This is where we come in. By providing simple and affordable home loans and home improvement loans to economically weaker sections of society, we hope to enable 100,000 households to own a home by 2015.
9. VO with matching visualsrepresenting the aspiration- thekind of houses they can live in:Us sapne ki chaar deewarein hainkhidki hain darwaazein hainus sapne ki kuch awaazein hainJo hasnti gaati khilkhilati huipaas bulati hain.Khula khula sa sapna haiDhoop chan chan ke aati haiBaarish chat peNaachti gaati haiaur zindagi jhaank ke,muskura ke jaati haiBYTES OF PEOPLE ABOUT WHAT HOME MEANS TO THEM.
10. VO continues after bytes:Waise toos se bhariyeh hari ghaasbhi ghar haiaur jagmagate shehron kajhilmil aakash bhi ghar haipar jeevan mein kuch paane kaehsaas bhi ghar haiaur apni chaar deewaron kiyeh aasbhi ghar hai