1. PRESENTATION TOPIC:COORDINATIONPresented To,Dr. Robina BhattiPresented By;Allah DittaRoll #, 18Bs (2010-2014), 5th SemesterDepartment of library & information scienceThe Islamia University Bahawalpur
2. INTRODUCTION TO COORDINATION Meaning: 1. The act of state of coordinating or of beingcoordinate. 2. Proper order or relationship. 3.Harmonious combination or interaction, as offunction or part.
3. WHAT IS COORDINATION?The organization of the differentelements of a complex body oractivity so as to enable them towork together effectively.Coordination is a managerialfunction in which differentactivities of the business areproperly adjusted and interlinked.
4. FEATURES OF COORDINATIONEssence of management.Managerial responsibility.Deliberate effort.Creativity.Continue process.Required in group activity.Different cooperation.System concept.
5. IMPORTANCE OF COORDINATION Coordination encourages team spirit. Coordination gives proper direction. Coordination facilitates motivation. Coordination makes optimum utilization ofresources. Coordination helps to achieve objectives quickly. Coordination improves relations in theorganization. Coordination leads to higher efficiency. Coordination improves goodwill of theorganization.
6. METHODS OF COORDINATION Various administration tool. Delegation. Evaluation. Financial statement. Performance management. Policies and procedures. Quality control and operation management. Risk, safety and liabilities.
7. FRAME WORK OF GOOD COORDINATION
8. ELEMENT OF SUCCESSFUL COORDINATION The mandate dimension: -Leadership commitment -Minister and stakeholders` buy in -Define and agreed joint outcomes The system dimension: -Appropriate and documented governance andaccountability framework. -Sufficient and appropriate resources. -Process to measure performance from establishedbaseline. The behavior dimension: -Right representation, skill and team leadership. -organizational culture that support coordination. -Shared culture, language and values.
9. CONCLUSION A good coordinator is a good leaderAnd A good leader is a good manager.