AIM: What are the central beliefs of the Hindu
Do Now: Agree or disagree – ‘what goes around
comes around’. Explain.
I. Goal - Union with Brahman
1. Brahman: world soul/spiritual force.
A. Mono- or Poly- theistic?
B. Represented by many gods.
2. Moksha: unification with the Brahman.
A. Atman: an individual soul.
II. Reincarnation: rebirth of the soul in another life form.
1. Things that effect reincarnation
A. Karma: actions taken that affect your next life.
B. Dharma: religious morals & duties.
C. Ahimsa: non-violence.
III. Way of Life
1. Caste System: pre-determined social structure.
2. Sacred Texts: Vedas & Upanishads
The Caste System