Art that is intended to
convey an idea or concept
to the perceiver and need
not involve the creation or
appreciation of a
traditional art object such
as a painting or sculpture.
Fountain, Duchamp, 1917
• Choose an issue concerning today’s society.
• Draw 3 sketches or possible ideas for a poster
illustrating your chosen issue.
• Take photographs that will be used to illustrate
• Create 2 posters that illustrate your issue.
Juxtapose several photographs and text to
illustrate your poster.
• Write (and type) an artist statement for each
• The poster should include only your
• It should be in black and white. Red can
also be added.
• Text should be used, but chosen carefully.
• Posters will be 8” by 10”.
• Choose a topic that is appropriate for
Freedom of Speech