13. strategies Premise: If you build it, they won’t come Teachers’ modeling how to network Be flexible and creative Students’ modeling other students Create & share in networks Reflecting on the experience
14. strategies How to start What’s the most important thing you may learn from your PLE? Which tools will address this objective? How are you going to share your learning?
15. tips start microblogging ...
16. Higher Education Text villabloguer.blogspot.com
17. FL English learner
18. 1 learner: 1 PLE
19. The complex process of teaching and learning requires complex, multi-faceted models (...) One tool will not meet all needs in all contexts. (Siemens, 2006)
20. What we ask students to do, is what we ask them to be (K.Yancey)
21. <ul><li>“ A call not for passengers, but crew” </li></ul><ul><li>(McLuhan, 1963) </li></ul>
22. challenge ahead
23. challenges ahead Tech empowerment of individuals to (continue) developing PLEs for a grass root change (Alec Couros, #PLE_BCN 2010)
24. Images CC http://www.flickr.com/photos/dramaqueennorma/191063346/ barbed wire http://dryicons.com networks (badges) http://www.flickr.com/photos/ mattimattila/2455641489/in/faves-engli s hteacher/ lock http://www.flickr.com/photos/pagedooley/2870257846/in/set-7215760591 5 150118/ viewfinder http://www.flickr.com/photos/tychay/109536637/stakeholders set http:/ / www.flickr.com/photos/ben-m/311313123 scaffolding http://www.f l ickr.com/photos/raisinsawdust/3795978604/in/photostream/ walking on rope http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonivc/4032 65960/in/set-72157594534566022/ lock stakeholders http://www.flickr.com/photos/aftab/ 2262054247/in/photostream/ road ahead challenges http://www.mcgill.ca/files/_nea/10637 1_rowing_sunset465.jpg