7. With a well-thought-out agenda, members know the subjects to be discussed and the material to have present. Agendasshould be delivered before the meeting so that everyone is prepared.8. Often individual discussions that may take up time of the team can be better held outside the meeting.
4. Also, when you work in a team, things will get done much faster.
1. Chapter 25: Team Building<br />Team 4<br />
2. Team Meetings<br />The Purpose of team meetings are to meet and report on the progress and concerns of it’s members.<br />Team Meeting Guidelines<br />Be on time.<br />Start on time and end promptly.<br />Use agendas that include the purpose, time for discussion and desired outcome of the meeting.<br />Come prepared with the information needed by others.<br />Stay on task.<br />
3. Team Decisions<br />Decisions must be made by the team.<br />Everyone should understand the issues related to the decision, including the following questions:<br />What are the specific details of the decision to be made?<br />What is the deadline for the decision?<br />What impact will the decision have on the team?<br />Who will be involved in the outcome of the decision?<br />How will the decision be made?<br />
4. Review Questions<br />What is the purpose of a meeting agenda?<br />An agenda is the guiding hand at team meetings.<br />What speaking limitations should members of a team place upon themselves during meetings?<br />Limit your discussions to the essential points. <br />
5. Discussion Question <br />Why is a team more effective than single members completing single tasks?<br />A team is better because, you will have more ideas which can spark a more creative and innovative outcome. <br />