The second thing that makes Jesus unique. He claimed to be God. He was God.
Who is jesus christ? - 2014-15
Who is Jesus Christ?
Recap of the Last Session
• God is perfect and eternal
• God created everything out of nothing
• God is a personal being
• God is love
• We are called to know God, to love God,
to serve God and be happy with God for
• His name
• Jesus is the central figure of
• “For God so loved the world
that he gave his only son, so
that everyone who believes
in him may not perish but
may have eternal life.
Indeed, God did not send
the Son into the world to
condemn the world but in
order that the world might be
saved through him.”
(John 3:16 – 17)
• Jesus is the Son of
God. Because Jesus is God
and came among us as a
human being, we then state
that Jesus has two natures:
divine and human.
• Therefore, Christians believe
that Jesus is both God and
man at the same time.
Though there have
been many great
history, none of
claimed to be
divine (God) as
Why did God (Jesus) become man?
1. He came to save us from our sins.
2. He came so that we might know God’s love.
3. He came to be our model of holiness.
4. He became man in order that we could share in
His divine nature.
C. S. Lewis said it well: "The Son of God became a
man that men might become sons of God."
God became a man so that you might become
Now that is something worth celebrating!
1 John 1:1 - 3
• We declare to you what was from the beginning,
what we have heard, what we have seen with
our eyes, what we have looked at and touched
with our hands concerning the word of life – this
life was revealed, and we have seen it and
testify to it, and declare to you the eternal life
that was with the Father and was revealed to us
– we declare to you what we have seen and
heard so that you also may have fellowship with
us; and truly our fellowship us with the Father
and with his Son Jesus Christ.
• Two thousand years after he walked the
earth, Jesus of Nazareth remains one of
those most talked-about and influential
people who has ever lived.
• He has more than 2 billion followers in the
world today of whom more than 50% are
• People from all walks of life have studied
his life, character and teachings. He has
been quoted, misquoted, honoured and
insulted, worshipped and argued over.
• Most of all, He is loved.
• We, His Church, are the face of Jesus in the
• It is how we as Christians live our lives as
followers of Jesus who makes His presence real
amidst the darkness of our days and times.
O God, the life of all who live, the light of the
faithful, the hope of those who suffer, the
strength of those who labour, and the repose of
the dead: We thank you for the blessings of the
day that is past, and humbly ask for your
protection through the coming night.
Let the wings of sleep fall upon our eyes, O
Blessed One, and let us lie down in peace, and
rise in peace.
Bring us in safety to the morning hours; through
him who died and rose again for us, your Son
our Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.